Computer-free activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer-free activities

So I have this problem of spending far too many of my waking hours at the computer and I was wondering if there still is something else to do, especially before bedtime.

Reading books is definitely something I'd like to do more (I probably read more blogs and forums than books nowadays...) but what else is there? All activities that won't turn you into a temporary cyborg are welcome!
    baah.

Re: Computer-free activities

Computer free? What? You can spend time without a computer? I think you've stopped taking your medication.

Lol. In all seriousness, there's a lot you can do! Go out! Go for a walk! Go to a park and take a nap there! Or just explore it! Go out with friends! Don't have any friends? Know people! Meditate! Learn a music instrument! Already know an instrument? Play your instrument! Sing! Learn another instrument! Listen to music! Go to a museum! Laugh at contemporary and abstract art! Summon the mighty Dark Forces of Hell! Go to an aquarium! Pretend to speak to the fishies! Laugh at Aquaman for being such an useless superhero! Laugh at Aquaman fans! Dress up just for fun! Undress just for fun! Take a long relaxing bath! Explore your own body! Explore the body of others (with their consent)! Ask strangers in the street if they want a punch in the face! Help someone in need! Then betray that someone! I dunno, the world has plenty of opportunities to have fun outside a computer! Or be a total asshole! Or both, like me!

Read my blog!

Hope this helped!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

The world is a great place even without a computer. Books are at the top of my list. Things to do before bedtime? Read! Go for a nice walk. Litsen to music. Take up drawing or painting, or knitting or sewing. Write a story or a diary - in a real physical notebook... redecorate the house ... get a new hobby, or ten if you want. I suggest close up magic or photography ^^ you don't need the internet for that, your library probably has books on anything you can think of trying or just spend some time enjoying yourself and doing nothing.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I've been unplugging more and more lately, myself. Home renovations, recycling old furniture and making new furniture out of it, playing with my cats, visiting my parents ... all good stuff. If you want to come play with my cats and visit my folks too, feel free.

Comment

Computer free? What? You can spend time without a computer? I think you've stopped taking your medication.
          I haven't... so it must be the Big Evil Pharma getting these reptilian ideas into my mind! Yikes.

Great ideas, thanks everybody! Now all I have to do is to write these down on physical paper so I can use them on a computer free day...

If you want to come play with my cats and visit my folks too, feel free
          Sure!
          baah.

Comment

I read, draw, paint, cook, bake, etc... Find something that you like. I know you will.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I am a huge computer addict too. Still there is plenty of stuff to do, depends on your interest really. I guess I have way too many, here are some.
              Go hiking and walking in nature, parks or to the beach, training, bellydancing, Yoga and meditation, creative activities (making your own altar stuff and other things), gardening, gathering fruits, vegtables and plants from nature, voluntaree work, riding, cosplay, swimming, go shopping, be with friends (game nights, barbequing, wine nights, movie nights, quiz nights and so on). If you know other pagans invite them over and discuss different interesting subjects; divination, deities, offerings and so on. Making your own book of shadows. Gaming and sports, reading books, writing, cooking.

Could kept on going lol.

Comment

Working...
              X