Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photography

This is my newest hobby, although I'm such a noob at it right now that I probably shouldn't jump the gun too much.

I've always been something of a shutterbug, and recently picked up a neat little device that puts my travel-size point-and-click to shame. So I've been experimenting with that for the past couple of weeks and really need to have a bit more faith in my ability to learn.

Anyway, how many others here have a photography bend and what are your thoughts/opinions on all things photography related?

Re: Photography

I love photography I got my first dslr when I was about 15, I'm on my third now this is my deviantart page http://blackiris92.deviantart.com/ . I'm sure you can be great! It's just a matter of practising it's a great hobby.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Pretty gallery. ^^
      Finding the time is challenging right now, but I'm trying to sneak in a few hours a week until things calm down. I'm actually really excited to start messing around with manually setting apertures and all that fancy stuff.

Comment

Thanks just do it whenever you can. And go crazy with the manual it's the best way of learning
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Thanks for the advice! ^^ I intend to study that manual... Plus I'm a dork, so it works out quite well.

Comment

Been into it all my life - my first "real" camera was an Olympus OM2-N which never left my side until the gaskets finally wore out and digital was the new normal anyway. (I sold off the lenses, etc., and kept the body.) Nowadays my main one is a Canon EOS-50D, which I like very much but find heavy & cumbersome the older I get. Learn as much old-school stuff as you can, it's interesting and will build a good foundation for understanding why everything works the way it does. The good part of digital is you see your results right away. (This is also the bad part. I used to carry a small notebook and would jot down my exposure settings for every frame, then wait to develop the film! You actually remember more that way.) And you aren't spending money all the time on film when half of your rolls are disastrous LOL
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Oh! If you ever get tge chance to go oldschool, do it. I took evening classes at our youth center learning to work in a studio and develop the films, it was great fun
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                (This is also the bad part. I used to carry a small notebook and would jot down my exposure settings for every frame, then wait to develop the film! You actually remember more that way.) And you aren't spending money all the time on film when half of your rolls are disastrous LOL
                This is actually a really good point, maybe I'll have to pretend its film and keep a notebook anyway just to see the results when I load it up into photoshop.

Learning the old school way of developing film isn't an option just yet, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind just in case it becomes one later on.

Comment

In time you will learn the settings by heart, but keeping a notebook at first is a great idea just don't be afraid to mess up a lot, that's how you learn. And people all have different ideas of what is good photography, so just have fun with it and do whatever you think works.
                  It's just a really fun experience, and oddly satisfying to know that you made them. I still have everything I developed and all the films.
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Most, if not all DSLR's show the settings in playback mode - play around with it & check your manual or whatever instructions you can find online for your model.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

statue.jpg
                      I'm a noob as well, but I'm playing with a cheap DSLR to see if I really like it. I shot this with my cell phone, no special camera at all. It was taken at Glasshouse Works in Athens, Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                      X