Prayers for Kitties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for Kitties

Hey folks, I know for the most part we're all animal lovers here, and that we don't just look at our furry friends as pets. They're more like our children, our friends, and part of our family. About a month ago, my wife had to give up one of her cats due to his behavior becoming simply too difficult to live with. Doing this broke her heart, and now, just as she's getting through it, her other kitty has become very sick. The little guy is suffering from a combination of separation anxiety and a very physical ailment of problems with his kidneys and bowels. He's been eating less and less, until now he's barely touching his food, and he's become very weak and frail to the point that my wife is afraid to pick him up for fear of hurting him.

So I know that sometimes we'll reach out for prayers and well wishes for friends and family, but I'd like to ask if you'd do the same for my wife's furry friend, as well as for her to help her get through this. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Prayers for Kitties

I can very much sympathise with your and your wife's feelings here. You have my prayers. Is there nothing more can be done for your cat at this stage?
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Well, he's had some intestinal issues for a long time, as well as a hernia, but both haven't been too much of an issue. The problem is that the money just isn't there for either of us to be able to spend on expensive vet bills and the like. She's going to get in touch with a local animal hospital and ask if they'd be willing to do a payment plan so that the poor guy can get the care he needs. But if they won't, the options are rather few and none good. She spoke briefly that if it came down to it, she would rather have him put to sleep so that she could be with him when the time came and it would be relatively quick and painless, rather than finding that he took that trip by himself one night while she slept, alone and scared. He's only 6, so not even an old cat.

Comment

Are there no animal charities that help with veterinary care? We have the PDSA here (although if you don't have transport, and your pet becomes distressed when travelling, as is the case with my mum's dog, they don't really help much) and they treat pets of low income owners for free, or at a reduced rate.

The other option is to call your local animal welfare organisation and ask for advice. There is a risk then that they'll take the cat from you though, which wouldn't be ideal. Sometimes there are programs in place though, so you never know.

We opted not to get insurance for Dolly, agreeing we'd get a loan if she ever needed an expensive procedure, so we'd only pay for what we need, rather than paying an insurance company thousands over the course of her life then never need to claim. Sometiimes I do wonder if that was such a wise choice though.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Prayers sent, wishing the very best for you and your family.

Comment

Big hugs and many blessings on their way. X
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Prayers sent your way.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Thanks so much! You guys are great. With it being Friday and all (and Friday possibly being named for Freya), and Freya being the divinity to go to for animals (especially cats), it comes down to the perfect timing for well wishes to reach the right place.

Comment

Awwwww. My thoughts are prayers are with your kitty, and you and your wife.

Comment

I hope your kitty is able to get on the mend soon! That must be a really hard situation.

Comment

She was able to schedule an appointment with the vet for Monday. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Hopefully it's something easily remedied. I'm going to have to light so many candles today. :P

Comment

I hope your kitty gets well in no time! Since it's a cat, I prayed to Lady Bast. I hope she'll help.
                          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Fingers crossed. I look forward to hearing some good news here (so no pressure little kitty!).

Comment

Actually, I do have some news. I'm really surprised with it so soon, and I don't want to jinx it or anything but ... A little while ago my wife sent me a picture and a message to say that her little guy took it upon himself to go over to the food bowl and start to eat, without being prompted at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X