Freyrfest(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freyrfest(?)

I believe that tomorrow is Freyrfest, or Lammas, a day of thanksgiving for bread/the harvest.

Anyone celebrate it? Any particular way of celebrating it? I'll be attending a wedding so I guess I'm also wondering what I might be able to do then. Perhaps just a silent prayer over some bread? They're bound to have some bread rolls at an event like this.

Hmm, I think I will have to honor my grandfather too--he was in the french bread business back in his day; it just seems right.

Re: Freyrfest(?)

I'm going to a 50th anniversary party with a Hawaiian theme, so there will be much fun and feasting!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Hmmm. I have it down as either the 2nd of the 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
        Hmmm. I have it down as either the 2nd of the 3rd
        I did too until someone said it was the 1st... google says 1st too.

I will probably just be honoring it with a thought. Maybe baking some bread.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
          śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

I celebrate it as Lammas, and it's Lammas for me now (well, unless you celebrate from noon to noon.. it's 4am). I'm working, but I'll be doing a short ritual before work tomorrow. It's 3 significant days for me, because it's the blue moon, then Lammas, then my birthday! It feels like I should acknowledge this somehow.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

For me its Lughnasadh. I work dinner service tomorrow evening so I believe I shall get up early and do some baking, and have a small ritual. The fall is my favorite time of year. Also Happy Early Birthday Jem!!!!
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

For some reason I was thinking of this separate from Freyfaxi, though I'm very surprised that my Daily Asatru app isn't showing it yet.

Comment

I have a necklace with Jera on it. Just found it, that seems kind of fitting to wear.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...