This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's the pits deodorant take 2

Found out I'm allergic to Tom's deodorant. Suck.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    Found out I'm allergic to Tom's deodorant. Suck.
    Have you tried making your own?

Or the rock?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Have you tried making your own?

Or the rock?
      No...? Rock what?
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      Sneak Attack

Comment

I think She meant this Juni.
        http://healthygoods.com/crystal-deod...FQ6RHwodkLQJOA
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          Omg this is so cool! I never knew this existed.

(Seriously, I've been saying this a lot lately. It's like I'm waking up or suddenly the blinders are off... Not sure which but I didn't even realize the blinders were on in the first place. Why isn't this more common knowledge?)
          Sneak Attack

Comment

I use rock deodorant. It took about six weeks for my body to adjust (FYI: there is an adjustment period!) ...but I've been using it for at least five years now. I only have to buy deodorant once a year now. Although, I recently dropped mine and it shattered, and I might have to get a new one a little early...

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              Omg this is so cool! I never knew this existed.

(Seriously, I've been saying this a lot lately. It's like I'm waking up or suddenly the blinders are off... Not sure which but I didn't even realize the blinders were on in the first place. Why isn't this more common knowledge?)
              You have to get it wet and roll it on...its clear, it lasts quite a while on a normal day.

Also, its not an antipersperant. In my experience, it won't keep you from sweating (some claim it does, but the Al in the rock is in a different form than the Al in a conventional antipersperant), just from being stinky (kills the bacteria). And you may need to reapply on a hot/active day...its not waterproof.

My children broke my last one, so I'm currently using Jason tea tree deo, but I like it. Some people can be allergic though. Also, I've read anecdotally that it can set off airport scanners (the rock itself, not your pits), and that the potassium alum (which is what the rock is made of) can eat into some surfaces if you don't put it away properly and it gets wet, and whoops...there goes the marble, etc.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I REALLY like the longevity idea of the rock. But I also really like not having sweaty armpits. Tea tree tends to irritate my skin. I used to have a tea tree shampoo and it would burn my scalp so bad that even after rinsing the poo out, my scalp would hurt for hours before finally calming down.
                Sneak Attack

Comment

Re: Its the pits...choosing deo

The thing to keep in mind is that its basically a giant rock of aluminum salts. I mean, here's its MSDS.

So, some people are all like "its natural, its great!" and others are all like "OMG, ur gonna get cancer or alzhiemers, its got ALUMINUM!" and really, its something inbetween. If you are allergic to Al, don't use it. If you become sensitized to it, stop using it, wash it off, and use a nice thick burn lotion on it, and don't use it again. If you have a boo boo and have open skin, maybe don't use it (it stings, its a salt).

Hubby can't use it, but I can.

And there are DIY recipes for deos too...some of them are quite nice. But tea tree is used in a lot of them, so if you are allergic to that, you might need to make some substitutions.
                  sigpic

Comment

This thread became strange....

Comment

I just think its the pits...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        I just think its the pits...
                        Hah! (insert Lana Kane voice)

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                          This thread became strange....
                          Someone attempted to move the deodorant posts into a separats topic and hit the wrong button. Well that or an admin is trolling you. I'm leaving it alone because I'm not entirely sure which posts were meant to move.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Based on the new title I'm going to say the antipirspirant-esque ones.

Well hey, it forced me to wake up a little bit. "What's this 238 page long thread on deoderant..."

Comment

That is a LOT of Pits....are we talking Bulls here or apricot or even Mosh...Maybe the pendulum...sorry its lunch and I am yet to eat..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                              X