Cernunnos ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cernunnos ?

(hopefully this is the right place to post ^^; )

So, here it is :

A few years ago I had this very strange dream. Very vivid.
    Once in a while I have these kind of dreams, very symbolic, very different from the usual nonsensical thing my brain pulls out at night to allow itself to recover from its day ^^;. And I never fail to know the difference between "this was an important one" and "this is BS, you can forget it". So the one I'm about to tell you, I know was important !

So, the dream started with me sitting on the quite high branch of an olive tree, along with another perso whom I couldn't recognized but knew, in my dream, that he or she was a friend or something along the line. I can't say what we were precisely doing in the tree, I think we were collecting some leaves/fruits, whatever it was but we were supposed to be in that tree doing this, it felt appropriate in the dream. We weren't hidding from anything or anyone and we were happily chitchatting and even singing at one point, if I recall correctly.
    Then, beneath us, a young man appeared. He seemed to have heard us as he happened to pass by the tree. But the strangest part was that I actually "felt" him before I could even see him.
    Suddently everything around felt silent and somehow calm and peaceful. And I felt the same. I can't exactly put words on how I felt about it all but the instant I saw this man I knew exactly who he was. He this almost tangible aura around him, he looked young, healthy, radiant I dare say. And he had huge antlers on his head. Our eyes met and for a while I could only see this. His eyes. Everything around disappeared to me. Then he smiled and left and I felt glorious and sad at the same time.

The person with me asked who was that man we had just seen and I replied "Cernunnos". Then I woke up and was very confused...

As for today I don't know what to think about it. I don't dare think a god actually visited me in my dream and I don't know what else it could be, though... So I'm turning to you and hopefully you will have answers ^^;

Re: Cernunnos ?

Stranger things have happened, who's to say it wasn't him contacting you? I wouldn't be to hasty to say it wasn't. If it's were me I would think on it and maybe meditate on the possibility and reason behind this. Who's knows perhaps it was a less than subtle sign.

Comment

Gods like to poke us in all sorts of manners, and I've theorized that dream time is the easiest for us to receive the message. Everyone possesses a healthy dose of skepticism, but when we're asleep, out natural defenses are lowered and we are able to tap into areas and to accept ideas that our waking minds would push aside or question. Maybe take a little time to think about it, and perhaps try to figure out what he's trying to tell you.

Comment

I would suggest researching Him, finding out what you can, and then perhaps contacting Him, if you feel comfortable. It's impossible to say what He wants of you, but there is nothing saying that you HAVE to speak to Him.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I wouldn't be dismissive of a divinity contacting you in dreamtime as it seems many tales and such speak of going to sanctuaries and such to received guidance from some divine being through dreams. So i'd advise not to rule it out.

I would suggest though trying to recall not only the dream but also the physical reality of the time. Many times it seem's we read, see or hear about something that lingers in our minds then manifests during our dreams. As such might not be specifically a divine intervention but a active mind insertion. It's like I recall being stationed in Scotland and hearing a lot about Herne the Hunter and his wild hunt / antlered headdress. So who should show up that evening in my dreams, none other than Herne himself and manifested exactly as I had imagined him to be.

Not saying nor implying that is what happened with your dream only that it is something you might consider. Myself I find that if a entity takes the time to manifest itself to your subconscious mind during dreamtime then it is never a one time shot but happens a number of times. Not only during dreamtime but also during your awake hours though I think many times that falls into the synchronicity aspect of things. Other wise it might just be a wrong number and once you hang up they never call back again. Granted that aspect is a crusher to ones own ego but also needs to be considered, especially if they never do call again.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
          X