After-work/school wind down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After-work/school wind down

How do you get yourself back to the 'home mood' after work or school? I've often noticed that I'm quite restless when I come home and usually jump straight away to the computer to check all the forums and other 'things of great importance'. I've heard some people suggest that it would be good to do something a bit more relaxing when you get back home...
    baah.

Re: After-work/school wind down

I'm on the train home from school now today I'm going for a song lesson on the way home which is great. Normally I just crash on the couch and watch tv for a bit, or go for a walk if the weather is nice.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I take a shower. For me, there's nothing like grabbing that 10 minutes to wash away the day and decompress.

Comment

Off with the bra!!!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

A shower, cup of tea and a book

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            Off with the bra!!!
            I keep suggesting this to K'Roe, but she usually leaves even her name tag on until 6.

I take the dogs out for a walk in the enchanted forest.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Off with the bra!!!
              Amen!

I commute home on my bike (meh, it's down the street 20 minutes away )
              I put on my headphones and get into my zombie world! At home it's change into yoga pants and tank top and bare feet.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Off with the bra!!!
                This. I have a 45 minute drive home, so as soon as I get home at 930pm, I go straight to my room, change. Then I'll take care of my lunchbox (if I have it) and pack a lunch for tomorrow. After I putter around for those 10-20 minutes, I have no qualms about laying on the couch, grabbing my laptop, and watching TV until bed.
                ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Off with the bra!!!
                  YES!
                  Also, cup of tea, grab a cat, and settle down to check the messages.
                  She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

I normally go straight to my computer too. if it's not school work, it's personal work.... I work a lot. even my "fun stuff" qualifies as work

if it was a really long, exhausting day, I might take a few minutes to get myself a cup of something, maybe change clothes. but usually, I'm... kinda always working, so Idk what "break time" is

Comment

Changing my clothes and doing my hair. And after that I usually feel quite relaxed.
                      Also spending time with my cats and my dog helps me calm down.

Comment

My wind down typically begins with the drive home. I get in my car, wind the windows down if it's hot or turn on the seat warmers if it's cold, I plug my phone into the radio and pop my driving playlist on shuffle. My drive home is down a country road so I tend to blast my music and sing/screech along to my fav tunes and let out the days stress.

whdn I get home it's green and mint infused tea, a 20 min quiet time and then on with the evening

Comment

I work at home, so I'm at home on the computer all day. I usually wind down and separate my time by cooking/eating dinner. After dinner is "me" time.

Comment

First is walking the dogs. I honestly don't feel like I can start to relax until the boys have been out and fed. Then depending on the night and my level of tired I make dinner. Most of the time I have no interest in making dinner but I get it done. I really start to relax though when I sit on the couch and come here. I see how everyone is doing and it all just kind of falls away. Some nights I have a bit of whiskey some nights I have some tea but my body tells me its bed time at about 2 am each night.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I walk in, drop all of my crap by the door, and take off my shirt. I get myself something to drink, then just let myself sink into the computer chair.
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X