Thought this might amuse you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought this might amuse you guys

[This may not be the best place to put this, so please relocate if necessary. I just thought it would appeal to a specific crowd.]

So we have a cat named Odin. He's old and white, he's been through the wars, and he's missing an eye. So we thought it fit.

My mum and I were triumphantly returning from a victorious shopping quest and we passed a crow on the side of the road. I was huge, like raven-huge, and cocky as, but it wasn't a raven. Definitely a big crow acting like a raven.

In our front yard there were two more (I made my obvious 'attempted murder' joke--haha!), and my mum stopped me and pointed. Our cat Odin was sitting in the middle of the yard watching the birds. So I made an obvious Muninn and Huginn joke.

He looked at me and ran off, and the crows, Isweartogod, followed him.

What do you guys think? (Also, please don't tell me Odin is trying to get in touch. I'm not strong enough...)
    She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Re: Thought this might amuse you guys

Three crows and a cat...
    I don't think this is going to be good for the cat.
    Cats and crows do not usually make good friends. I suppose it is possible but I know that crows are carrion feeders.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

That could very well be. But he's a crafty old devil. If anything shady goes down, he knows where to hide.

That being said, he has been on his last legs for about 5 years, so.

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

If I were you, I'd erect a shrine for the cat and perform a blot with some gourmet cat food. Methinks the old one eye will approve. Hehehehh

Comment

I've seen cats and crows be very good friends depends on wheter he tries to hunt them. There was an ond cat where I grew up, the crows would come sit with him when he was lying on the grass.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

See! Evidence that anything is possible!
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Well, if I remember correctly, it's three crows for a wedding. I'd think of it along the lines of "Odin says hi". Just sort of a remind that he's kicking around.

Comment

We have ravens here in Adelaide rather than crows, but they can be really inquisitive, playful and teasing. I wouldn't put it past any crow or raven to gang up with his mates and tease the local elderly cat!

There's a lovely symbolism and synchronicity to the story, though.

(On a serious note, when it comes to interpreting wildlife encounters as possible signs, I'm of the opinion that 90% of the time it's just wildlife being wildlife, but if a perfectly healthy animal is doing something unusual or is in an unusual place for no apparent reason, or if you get clocked over the head by the Divine clue-by-four, then there might be something to it).

Comment

20150924_093135.jpg

Meet Odin :3

Comment

He's gorgeous!
                    ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

He is beautiful
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo