Just live it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just live it.

I have recently started an “Intro to Heathenry” class in my hometown. In preparing for the most recent class, I made a last-minute decision to include a blot at the end. As I passed the horn at the class, I had a realization: This is what it is all about. Asatru is a lived religion, full of interaction with each other and the Honored Ones. If we never move beyond the scholarship and into a practiced religion, what is the point of being Heathen?

A great write up on how, and why being a Heathen is being part of a living spirituality.

Re: Just live it.

I finally got around to reading the article, and made sure to bookmark it so that I could go back and read it again. It struck a chord with me, to be honest, and in a way is really why I'd stopped identifying myself as a Heathen so much as Northern Trad. In it's own way, it touches on the fact that it's all about the feeling instead of the words, and the experiences rather than the stories.

Comment

Re: Just live it.

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
      I finally got around to reading the article, and made sure to bookmark it so that I could go back and read it again. It struck a chord with me, to be honest, and in a way is really why I'd stopped identifying myself as a Heathen so much as Northern Trad. In it's own way, it touches on the fact that it's all about the feeling instead of the words, and the experiences rather than the stories.
      I totally agree. I had an interesting conversation with somebody about how we can be completely in touch with ancestral spiritually without having the same religious beliefs. That's important to remember at any stage of a path especially early on.

Comment

Working...
      X