• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Meaning Of Life

What's the meaning of life?

Re: The Meaning Of Life

42 ... don't forget your towel
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Nuanaarpuuq
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I have an idea ...... *klang*
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

There is no meaning. Give it one.

Comment

The hokey pokey.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

PIZZA!!!!

Past that, the answer is highly variable with who's giving it so expect a host of different opinions. Just remember that they're all wrong, the meaning of human existence is pizza
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Not the old hokey pokey AGAIN!!..give some other theory a chance.....maybe it is about the difference between the deep blue sea,and the bright blue sky,or even about the big blue marble...any one for some cosmic game of marbles??
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

To give your offspring, your genetic legacy, the best chance in life. Whether financially or by giving a rounded up-bringing visiting unusual places and experiencing things, we evolved (or were created with, depending on your world view) genitals and, crudely, the urge to use them. For most people, it is for sexual reproduction (not getting into the science of homosexuality, it's moot) and the fact is, we all die (regardless of whether or not you believe we never truly "die", you know what I mean so before you think about being a pedant, consider this a slap on the wrist in advance for being a smart aleck). These two facts, sexual reproduction and our death, go hand in hand. Sexual reproduction ensures our genetic material continues on. Really, that's what life is ultimately about. Giving your genetic legacy the best chance in life.
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    PIZZA!!!!

Past that, the answer is highly variable with who's giving it so expect a host of different opinions. Just remember that they're all wrong, the meaning of human existence is pizza
                    I knew a mod who had a snack
                    and pizza was it's name-o
                    P-I-Z-Z-A
                    P-I-Z-Z-A
                    P-I-Z-Z-A

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                      I knew a mod who had a snack
                      P-I-Z-Z-A
                      P-I-Z-Z-A
                      P-I-Z-Z-A
                      OH

I knew a mod who had a tact
                      and pizza was his game-o
                      P-I-Z-Z-A
                      P-I-Z-Z-A
                      P-I-Z-Z-A
                      and pizza was his game-o

(On a side note, isn't pizza such a weird word)

Go Go Origen!

I'm always looking for new and cool book and food recommendations, feel free to message me ;P

Comment

There's no universal answer! I personally lean much more towards pizza than to passing on my genes (that was never a thought!)
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I really hope that the meaning of life is not to pass on genes. If that's the case, I'm totally going to fail Life.

Comment

The meaning of life must be to not take the meaning seriously with some pizza, sex, and ooh, beer.

Comment

Originally posted by THANK... View Post
                              The meaning of life must be to not take the meaning seriously with some pizza, sex, and ooh, beer.
                              I think the meaning of life just isn't as important as pizza and beer. C'mon, beer tastes so much better with a good, hot, salty pepperoni pizza, and pizza tastes so much better with an ice cold beer. Maybe that IS the meaning of life. Taking pure pleasure and enjoyment of the simple things.

Comment

Working...
                              X