The Twelve Palaces and The Zodiac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Twelve Palaces and The Zodiac

I'm almost positive I posted this up somewhere a long while ago, but I don't recall where and can't seem to find it. I figured, though, that it is an interesting and potentially useful bit of info for those of you who deal with the signs of the zodiac, and how to relate them to a Northern path.

Bilskinir: The name means "Lightning", and is the dwelling of Thor. This palace is equated with the sign of Aries.

Thrymheim: "Thunder-Home", where Skadi, daughter of Thiazi, lives. This palace is equated with the sign on Taurus.

Folkvang: "Field of Warriors", nine castles belonging to Freyja, twin to Frey. Here she gathers her share of the slain warriors. This palace is equated with the sign on Gemini.

Himminbjorg: "Heaven Hall", the adobe of Heimdall, guardian of the Bifrost Bridge. Thought of as a solar deity for being known as the "shining ase". This palace is equated with the sign on Cancer.

Breiablikk: "Broadview" is the abode of Baldur where no evil may enter. As a god of light, this is where everything is in it's visible manifestation. This palace is equated with the sign on Leo.

Sokkvabekk: The 'Stream of Time and Events" is the home of Saga, the goddess of history, where she and Odin drink daily, and she sings of gods and heroes. This palace is equated with the sign on Virgo.

Glitnir: "Hall of Splendor", abode of Forseti, god of justice, reason, and compromise. This palace is equated with the sign on Libra.

Gladsheim: The "Shining Home" of Odin. Here is also contained the hall of Valhalla, where the slain warriors await. This palace is equated with the sign on Scorpio.

Ydalir: The "Valley of Yews", home to Ullr the hunter and master of games. This palace is equated with the sign on Sagitarius.

Landvidi: "White Land" is the abode of Vidar the silent god, avenger of Odin after Ragnarok. This palace is equated with the sign on Capricorn.

Valaskjalf: The "Halls of Silver", the home of Vali, avenger of Baldur and herald of the new age after Ragnarok. This palace is equated with the sign on Aquarius.

Noatun: The "Shipyard" home of Njord, father of Frey and Freyja, and god of the seas and harbors. This palace is equated with the sign on Pisces.

Keep in mind that these are not set in stone, and are just personal thoughts (taken from Freya Aswynn's "Leaves of Yggdrasil"). Enjoy!
Working...
X