Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolf Dreams

Hey everyone!

I've had Proserpina as my matron goddess for the past 9 months. I was led to her through a series of really strange and obvious events and felt (and still feel) very fulfilled by that relationship. Persephone sent a really peculiar bat into a house that I was housesitting at the time. Now I feel like I'm in a position where I can start a relationship with another god. And so I did a ritual prayer inviting any gods who wish to, or are meant to start that kind of connection to present themselves to me, whether in a dream or in my waking life, in a way that I can take the symbols and discover the god who sent them.

So almost immediately after laying my head down I fell into what you could call a trance, though I'm not sure about this. I have experienced sleep paralysis before but this was different. Much like my brain was consumed with a dream but I was still aware of my body... like a movie reel on my eyelids. (I'm aware of how corny this sounds and, as an afterthought, has anyone experienced this? What was the context? I'd love to hear other stories like this.)

A black wolf was baring his teeth in my direction and circling me. I say 'me', but it wasn't me, I was just watching from the point of the prey... I didn't feel fear. I was aware of another wolf just out of view to the left of this one. This 'vision' lasted a total of 3 seconds. It was vivid.. I can still see it a day later.

I went on to read about a god called Odin. I follow the Hellenic pantheon, so I never considered a Norse god, however the name struck me. I read about him and his wolves, Geri and Freki, of which I had no previous knowledge. I'm hesitant because I don't feel a direct pull this time, but I'm unsure the connection would be as instant as it was with Persephone. I relate to her ridiculously and I feel cherished by her, like she is my sister and mother and best friend. On a more personal level, I don't start relationships with men easily and don't see why it would be any different with a masculine figure like Odin or any other god.

Just really interested to hear the thoughts of others on this. I'm pretty clueless in this situation and have never experienced anything quite like it. I'm curious about the wolves and if they really were a symbol of Odin or another god.

Thank you for reading

Re: Wolf Dreams

Kensie,
    I know very little about Norse gods or the tradition but I know a little about wolves. They are selective predators, meaning that they hunt to feed the pack. They are societal animals that need the hierarchy of the pack to be healthy. They rarely hunt humans - it's curious because humans tend to fear wolves and some have a hate for them that makes senseless killing of wolves acceptable. Wolves have been following human hunters for as long as they have shared hunting grounds. They compete for food and wolves sometimes feel secure enough or are hungry enough to kill domestic animals. Typically they tend to keep their distance from people and domesticated animals.
    Your vision could be an invitation or a warning. You invited "any gods who wish to, or are meant to start" a relationship with you and that opened the door to a wide range of deity. Gods do not have human ethics, or even a code of ethics that we can easily grasp. Gods are not "good" or "bad" they are spirits who see a wider picture of the universe than we do. Even a god who is willing to help you grow might endanger you to promote that growth. Gods, like nature itself are not there to protect you, though some will, they just exist. If you act in a foolish way they can be intolerant and unforgiving, just like nature.
    If you can call on aspects of deity or those "faces" of deity that are willing to be compassionate and caring you might get better results. In most cases your spirit guide will assist you but a spirit guide is also a part of a world that acts without emotion and are governed by rules that we can't or don't understand completely. By calling on certain aspects you can limit the interaction between yourself and deity. You can also gain a more equal footing if you meet deity within sacred space where there are protections in place. Doing your meditations in sacred space will allow you to "get to know" those deities in ways that you might not have any control over otherwise.
    It was your vision and you have to determine the meaning within that context. I only advise that you take an objective view.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
    X