Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PF Book Club

Hiya Guys,

So as mentioned in the other thread I'd like to start a book club. It would be 1 book a month(i know we all have lives outside of here) and then say the last week of the month we can discuss said book here. We don't have to stick with any one genre we can bounce all over the place. That way we get plenty of exposure. We can also take a vote and pick our books. Anyone can suggest. If were fast enough maybe we can have a book for Jan.

Any suggestions to start with?
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Re: PF Book Club

Angel's Blood(Guild Hunter #1) by Nalini Singh http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3819326-angels-blood
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I'm game for anything I can find ebook for, as long as it isn't holy roller or manga.

I actually prefer nonfiction science-y type books, though.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'd like to read more, so this is a good idea
        I still have to read Terry Pratchett's Equal Rites that's been in my bookcase since I bought it.
        I like genres like fantasy, fiction/non-fiction, history, etc.

Comment

Sure I will join. I'm sure I can find anything through my local library.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Maybe we should do fiction one month, non-fiction the next?
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              Maybe we should do fiction one month, non-fiction the next?
              Excellent idea!
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm on, but I might have trouble getting some books - local library isn't big on english books and it might be a bit expensive having to buy all of them.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Agreed!!! So what should our first book of the month be? I really have no clue. I have recently hit a dry spell besides outlander. So I'm ready
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

I'm game. I read all the time anyway.

Comment

I can recommend books, but they'd be books I've already read. I don't mind re-reading, but books I'd like to read are:

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, or The Man in the High Castle, both by Philip K. Dick. I've never read anything by him, but would like to.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                        Agreed!!! So what should our first book of the month be? I really have no clue. I have recently hit a dry spell besides outlander. So I'm ready
                        Angel's Blood!
                        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Good ideas. Does anyone like to read classic fiction maybe? Like The Great Gatsby or Fahrenheit 451?
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I read those two in high school. I was not a big fan of either of them but I loved Scarlet Letter, Turning of the Screw, The Metamorphosis, Siddhartha, Canterbury Tales and so forth. I also really liked Arthurian Legends.

Comment

Sounds cool Kalynraye.
                              Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                              X