Are demon rats actually a thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are demon rats actually a thing?

When I was young, I grew up in a haunted house. The ghosts were ok. The other things...not so much.

i would swear that I could hear these giant rats scurrying under the floorboards and they scared the bejezus out of me, they felt so evil.

Are they actually a thing? Or was it a scared child's imagination?

Re: Are demon rats actually a thing?

I don't think so..they probably were just giant rats
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Since you are the one with this particular experience, you are the only one who can determine the reality of it.
      Fear is always real. It is the emotional response to a physical, emotional or spiritual event. That event can be real or imagined.
      You called the event "demon rats" so that tells me that you connected them with negative emotions, thoughts or spiritual aspects.
      Only reliving that event with your adult tool kit can you determine the answer for yourself.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Firstly nobody can tell you what they were, only what they might have been . Yes, they may have been giant rats - there is such a thing as a 'King Rat' apparently, and very scary they are too.
        I doubt very much that they were demons though - any demon worth its salt would prefer to manifest as something a bit more impressive than a rat.
        Had you said they were a regular occurrence, I would have suggested a psychic infestation.
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Mainly you get mice and rats in the walls...squirrels mainly get in your attic. Lived in a place where we had them,first time I heard them scuttling it freaked me out a little.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Rats, especially if you were somewhere that they could get to grain, can potentially be huge. You might have had rats, but they probably weren't evil. Just cold and looking for food.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Biggest rat I ever saw was a wharf rat. I was sitting on the pier,waiting for the boat back to my ship,when this HUGE rat popped up from the pier supports.(this was in Taiwan,city of Kaohsiung.) Bout the size of a small dog.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

It reminds me of Lovecraft's "The Rats in the Walls" and Brown Jenkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                  I doubt very much that they were demons though - any demon worth its salt would prefer to manifest as something a bit more impressive than a rat.
                  Demons sometimes take the form of plagues or hordes of small animals, in order to deter idiots from invoking them ever again.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Had you said they were a regular occurrence, I would have suggested a psychic infestation.
                    It was regular. It happened every night. This was also a haunted house, and I got so scared that I learned how to shield from Jimmy, the resident 7-year-old ghost who was my best friend at the time (kinda sad that ghosts don't grow up), using my mosquito netting around my bed as a structure and imagining it glowing gold.

I wondered if I was hallucinating or crazy for most of my childhood because I could hear voices that no one else in my family ever reacted to. I knew Jimmy was a ghost because everyone in the house knew about him. He would often hide things. Whenever something went missing, it was Jimmy's fault. If you held one walkie-talkie and went looking for the other, you'd never find it, but if you put down the one walkie-talkie you already had, you'd find the other one in no time. But then the other one would be gone when you went back for it. "JIMMY!"

But there were these voices of two men I would hear talking, walking past the same part of the house and murmuring the same things every time like an echo of the past. I was kind of scared of them, but they reacted to me in surprise when I finally worked up the courage to politely ask them to go away or at least not do what they had been doing where they had been doing it because they were probably dead. 'Why do you think that?' Was the feeling I got. "Well, I can't see you, and you've been doing the same thing over and over and over again for a very long time. If you are dead, it can't be that hard to move on. I think you just have to know that you ARE dead first." They never came back after that. They'd probably just been stuck in the same routine they'd always been in while alive and we're still stuck in it until I talked to them about it. They probably used to work there.

And the drunken wood ghost. God, he was scary, still is. He died because he drank too much, had his servant buy him alcohol because he was 'sick' back when alcohol was illegal in America. You could find the remains of his house burnt down in the woods, and he's the reason why there were so many antique glass alcohol bottles in the woods, sometimes whole, more often broken than not. He stayed and haunted the remains of his house in the woods during the day- so don't trespass- but he had the whole entirety of the woods to himself after nightfall.

Eventually I learned how to shield the entire house, so that was the negative energies sorted, but setting up a barrier that big was... Mentally exhausting to say the least.

I don't live in that house anymore. I wonder if the barrier is still there? I've experienced a lot of things, it's just that the demon rats were the first things I ever sensed after Jimmy.

Psychic infestation? Can you tell me more please?

Comment

I'm curious if you never actually saw any rats then it sounds more mental fantasy than reality that they were rats. Old houses often have things nesting in the walls. Things ranging from mice; bee's, which by the way sound like they are constantly moving, small birds; we had those so many times you could hear them moving, hear the young when they were born and when they pulled out till the next year. If in a country setting opossum's and raccoon's are actually fairly common though more so in the rafters / attic. I think another factor to consider is when it was heard. I recall one night sitting in bed listening to a moth flutter against my window screen and it sounded like a monster bat out there due to the deeper quiet that one tends to find at night. Was strange as my logical mind and my eyes could see and hear it yet once I turned and closed my eyes the monster bat was back as the imagination played havoc in the quiet.

Swamp Rats and Wharf Rats are the the biggest I've ever seen. Look like large cats to small dogs in size and the wharf rats are not afraid of you as a norm. NO one has said it yet but there is also the notion of the were-rat that comes from Asia as well as some coastal shipping ports. Those humans who shape-shift but instead of a bear or wolf change into larger rats.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

One apartment building we lived in had a nest of bees in a wall. Guy came out(he knew bees) and took the whole hive..it was pretty big,reason they called the guy was the NOISE they made.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

We had a yellow jacket nest in one of our walls and it made more noise than you'd ever think. Scratching, grinding a sort of hum that was not buzzing but you could hear it none the less and the whole wall seemed to vibrate at different times. Had honey bee's in one wall for a bit but they were very different than the yellow jackets were in how they sounded and acted. Ones I hated the most though were some paper hornets that ended up building a nest on the outside but actually bored into the wall as well. Carpenter bee's, sort of look like bumble bees, can play havoc on your wood as well though most of the time they seem to be in outside rails, walls, banisters or under the eves of the roof. Biggest thing with them was the honey that dripped down and sort of a saw dust type shaving you'd find under the openings. Noise wise though very quite except for the watch bee that always seemed to hover near the front entrance. If you had multiple entrances then you had multiple watch bee's that buzzed all around.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

It's a form of psychic attack. And these usually (though not always) come from humans, although given the type of place you describe it's possible (though unlikely) that these were from a non-physical source. A psychic infestation is where the attack manifests with some real animals, but the rest aren't. It may have been something invoked (see Sean Rave's post) long before you came on the scene, but which somehow persisted. All sorts of things, not only ghosts, can get caught in certain places. Protecting and shielding was really the best thing you could do, and since - as far as you tell us - no rats ever actually came and bit you, it seems to have worked. aM I right in thinking you still live there? Are the rats still there too?
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Am I right in thinking you still live there? Are the rats still there too?
                              We moved out a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X