What are these? Deities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these? Deities?

A while back I started a thread, where these came up rather casually, but I am hoping to find out if there is actually any precedence for these figures in any belief system, but particularly legend, mythology or even prehistoric imagery in Britain.

I was, in some sense "contacted" (I've never had it before so I don't know how to describe it) out of the blue by two figures. I don't know if they were "major spirits", harmful liars pretending to be something, my own imagination being purely sporadic (which would be strange, as active as my imagination is, it usually takes a while for the glow plugs to get warmed up) or even deities.

First, there was the man-pig. He had the body of a large, muscular strong man, Herculean proportions one might say. He sat on a large chair that might be the throne of a petty king (not very elaborate, but big), but not wearing a crown or anything. He wore simple clothes, there was nothing evidently war-like about him. He had, however, the head of a pig. Not a hairy wild boar with big tusks, but a domestic pig, rather hairless and skin tone the same as the rest of his human body. He symbolized the shared bad and good traits of humans and pigs, as if we were connected in some way. He was stubborn and unstoppable, and often willfully ignorant of those around him if he was busy. At the same time though, he was very smart, he loved searching and learning and finding new things, a love beaten only by his love of "merriment" and good food.

The second was more elusive. He/she was a hermaphrodite of sorts. Sometimes, she was almost completely woman, except with male genitalia, but other times, she was almost completely male, with female genitalia. They (I guess the appropriate pronoun here) were always a relatively young adult, but not immature young. They were confident and head-strong and always got what they wanted. They had a nigh insatiable sexual appetite, and nobody could turn them down, even if the thought of a hermaphrodite was off-putting, as it usually is to most people, they had a certain air about them that made them irresistable. They can frequently be found reigniting a couple's soured relationship, but can also be a wrecking ball if they only go for one of a couple, being the cause of affairs and mistrust. They are fun loving and never stay still or settle down, they are always energetic and off somewhere, doing something (or someone).

I believe it was Jembru who had experiences with similar characters, though I cannot say for sure. Are there any thoughts on this? Greatly appreciated!
    I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
    Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
    But that day you know I left my money
    And I thought of you only
    All that copper glowing fine

Re: What are these? Deities?

Probably not what your hoping but I swear it made me think of the Journey to the West Chinese tales. There are a number of books to it and it was a TV series and movie a number of times. Sometimes I recall it was also known as Monkey Magic. Lots of Demonic beings aiding or trying to stop a Buddhist Monk on his adventures / quest. Piggsy is the demon who is like a pig and looks human but is a muck raker.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Ah, yes, I'm aware of those series, was called just "Monkey" in some places and was referenced in that brilliant ​anime, Paprika. I'm not an anime fan, but that was a fantastic film.
      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
      But that day you know I left my money
      And I thought of you only
      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        Probably not what your hoping but I swear it made me think of the Journey to the West Chinese tales. There are a number of books to it and it was a TV series and movie a number of times. Sometimes I recall it was also known as Monkey Magic. Lots of Demonic beings aiding or trying to stop a Buddhist Monk on his adventures / quest. Piggsy is the demon who is like a pig and looks human but is a muck raker.
        That's exactly what it made me think of. The pig being Cho Hakkai/Zhu Wuneng and the intersexed deity being Guanyin/Kwan Yin/etc, though She is generally not portrayed like that. However, She is portrayed exactly like that as Kanzeon Bosatsu in the Saiyuki manga.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
        X