BO problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BO problems

I have just had my job threatened and want to ask if there is anything I can do beyond moving to - effectively - the rock - as replacement for my current deodorant - which isn't working any more. The deodorant I use was the last stick type - that didn't cause a rash. I get rashes from all spray and roll-on deodorants. I have a long history of allergies, my boss wanted me to try talcum powders but my doctor nixed that one.

I have a medical certificate for my boss basically stating that due to my allergies my choices in 'Personal hygiene' extras were very limited. Just wanting to know if there was anything extra I could do. The doctor BTW thinks my hygiene regime is 'better than average'.

Re: BO problems

We did have a discussion on this topic at one point.

I'm not absolutely sure anything there will help, but it's worth the read. Another choice might be an natural alcohol based perfume, which is what my gf uses instead of deodorant. Alcohol in general kills the bacteria, so it has a potential of helping some. If you aren't allergic/sensitive.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I've never seen them here in the UK, maybe because it never gets that hot, but in Japan I used to wear armpit pads to protect my shirts from sweat stains. You could try those and maybe change them once or twice during the day while at work. Combined with giving your pits a quick wash between changes, it might be enough to control the smell.

Here they are on Amazon

I hope you find something that helps. Or can be nice having your personal hygiene called into question when you know you're doing the very best you can.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Not sure if this will cause a reaction, but I use essential oils to cover my body odor, mainly peppermint.
        "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
        And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
        They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
        The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
        - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
          We did have a discussion on this topic at one point.

I'm not absolutely sure anything there will help, but it's worth the read. Another choice might be an natural alcohol based perfume, which is what my gf uses instead of deodorant. Alcohol in general kills the bacteria, so it has a potential of helping some. If you aren't allergic/sensitive.
          I second this.

Also, maybe you could try changing your diet? Certain foods tend to create more BO than others. Fruits and veggies are usually handy.

Comment

You may have already tried it, but when I had similar problems I switched to a cream brand called Tussy. I was pretty happy with it, but beyond rashes, I just find that something in my system has to reject a deodorant for odor control every 5-10 years, and it eventually did happen with Tussy which made me switch, but I never had rashes or irritation. Weird hormones ... happens to my mom too.

Comment

I say wash your armpits really good. And try on deodorant that you're not allergic.

Comment

Have you tried rinsing with hydrogen peroxide? It will completely sterilize your underarms and it is not likely to cause allergenic reactions. You shouldn't have problems with dry skin because you are "abnormally" moist in that area. I don't know if you would have to repeat the sterilization or even if you should. Just a passing thought. I have sensitive skin and have done it before using 3% hydrogen peroxide solution.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

What I don't understand is how can you be allegric to most of the dedorants?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                    What I don't understand is how can you be allegric to most of the dedorants?
                    Easy. I have a fragrance allergy. This means I'm allergic to almost all deodorants, shampoos, soaps, laundry detergents, dryer sheets, lotions, creams, perfumes, body sprays, makeups, household cleaning products, etc.

If it makes someone/something smell nice, I can't use it.

Mostly art.

Comment

In California they had rules of no fragrance at work for the reason Vol just posted,some people can get deathly ill from things.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Oh I see. Ok then. Well like I said before wash your armpit really good and use dedorant that's you aren't allergic. You might want to stay in the shower for 10-15 minutes since your armpits is the big issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                          Oh I see. Ok then. Well like I said before wash your armpit really good and use dedorant that's you aren't allergic.

Also, some people are allergic to the metal compounds (usually aluminum) in the form that they are present in cosmetics. TBH, metal allergies are quite common, as well as fragrance allergies.

The point is that he's tried all the commercial deodorants available to him and they cause an allergic reaction.

And just washing isn't the solution. Even antibacterial soaps (which are actually bad for you to use continuously) only kill 99.9% of bacteria.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            Easy. I have a fragrance allergy. This means I'm allergic to almost all deodorants, shampoos, soaps, laundry detergents, dryer sheets, lotions, creams, perfumes, body sprays, makeups, household cleaning products, etc.

If it makes someone/something smell nice, I can't use it.
                            But does that include organic essential oils? If it's totally natural, no artificial fragrances added? May be a dumb question.
                            "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                            And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                            They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                            The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                            - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                              But does that include organic essential oils? If it's totally natural, no artificial fragrances added? May be a dumb question.
                              I don't know about V, but I know a number of people that are allergic to the various compounds in certain essential oils. If you are allergic to the plant or plant family, you are likely to be allergic to its essential oil. I have a friend that is allergic to lavender that has this problem.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X