Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evil

Today I spoke to my friend on the phone and we have a long discussion of evil in the world. He also mention that evil is winning so far and pretty soon the world will be destroyed. I told him from a Taoist point of view that good and evil are mixed into one. What's your religious point of view on evil?

Re: Evil

For me there is no good nor evil. Only Ego, and either the fullfilling or not of the ego.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Evil is purely subjective, and often used as a buzzword to stir up emotions. I believe far more that people are generally selfish, rather than generally good or evil.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I think the term "Evil" is an excuse people use to claim something outside,when it is the inner human madness that moves down that road to infamy. Not my fault,the evil spirits made me do it....
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't have a religious point on Evil. I don't understand morals and things of that nature. "Evil" really isn't real to me. If I do something and you think it's Evil, that's your perspective, that's just how you see it. I see all these things about people killing others, harming them, messing them up and when I hear people express how that's bad it really does not register with me. I can't mentally understand it. Really I think good and bad, right and wrong, all of that is pretty perspective based. Culture, morals, what your parents ingrained into you makes you determine what is right and wrong in this world, for some people that is.
          I had a discussion with my parent today about that. About knowing right from wrong. I know hurting another person makes them cry, but is it really bad? Not to me it isn't.
          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Evil in a spiritual sense is subjective and conditioned as far as I am concerned. I like the way Karl Thorsson explains it in 'Qabala, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic', paraphrased - Good is going towards God, or Faith, Evil is going away from God, or Proof. Evil in the objective world is quite different to me in that I understand it as actions that are harmful such as rape, murder, and slavery. Those actions are irrational and psychotic, thus unacceptable in thought and practice to me. They are also damaging to more than just the victim, but to their loved ones as well. Seeking to harm others is evil, seeking to help others is good, living a life to the best of your ability to survive and thrive is neutral, possibly bordering on good and really not so evil, even if narcissistic at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              I told him from a Taoist point of view that good and evil are mixed into one.
              Can you explain this a little bit more? I'm not familiar with Taoist views.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                Can you explain this a little bit more? I'm not familiar with Taoist views.
                Sure. Let see. According to the Tao Te Ching. That's a Yin and Yang. Yin means negative and Yang meets positive. They mixed into one. I hope that explains a bit more.

Comment

Sure. Let see. According to the Tao Te Ching. That's a Yin and Yang. Yin means negative and Yang meets positive. They mixed into one. I hope that explains a bit more.
                  Are you saying you can't have one without the other?
                  "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                    Are you saying you can't have one without the other?
                    Yes. That what's it's said in the Tao Te Ching.

Comment

Today I spoke to my friend on the phone and we have a long discussion of evil in the world. He also mention that evil is winning so far and pretty soon the world will be destroyed. I told him from a Taoist point of view that good and evil are mixed into one. What's your religious point of view on evil?
                      My understanding of the Taoist POV of good vs evil was that if you label something, you have to label something else as the opposite. Ergo, if you label something "good", you must label something that is not "good" as bad". Let me see if I can find the verse that implied this...

Chapter Two:
                      When the world knows beauty as beauty, ugliness arises
                      When it knows good as good, evil arises
                      Thus being and non-being produce each other
                      Difficult and easy bring about each other
                      Long and short reveal each other
                      High and low support each other
                      Music and voice harmonize each other
                      Front and back follow each other
                      Therefore the sages:
                      Manage the work of detached actions
                      Conduct the teaching of no words
                      They work with myriad things but do not control
                      They create but do not possess
                      They act but do not presume
                      They succeed but do not dwell on success
                      It is because they do not dwell on success
                      That it never goes away
                      taken from http://www.taoism.net/ttc/complete.htm

For my personal beliefs, I think that evil is subjective. We may think that a human killing a baby is evil, but when a wild animal does it, it's the natural order of things. I definitely have my moral code, but I realize that my code is not the same as someone's in say, a war torn country, or someone who is in a different tax bracket than me.

I do believe that culturally, there are things that the majority agree on as evil acts (killing children/civilians, especially during war, the Holocaust, what explorers did to indigenous people, etc), and then there are things that vary from the perspectives (just check out the debate forum for some examples lol).

The word itself is also used as a placeholder or catch all to describe human behavior when you are unable or unwilling to analyze it.
                      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I have totally done small evil things in my life for the sheer enjoyment of watching someone I dislike have a crappy day. It's quite fun.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          I have totally done small evil things in my life for the sheer enjoyment of watching someone I dislike have a crappy day. It's quite fun.
                          Satisfying, aye?

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                            Satisfying, aye?
                            Working retail you find fun ways to make yourself feel good when people are crappy towards you. I mean I'm not killing kittens and sacrificing them to the Dark Lord.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Working retail you find fun ways to make yourself feel good when people are crappy towards you. I mean I'm not killing kittens and sacrificing them to the Dark Lord.
                              I work in retail. I don't get crappy customers often. Or my manager ends up dealing with them. It must be because they get funny acting when customers talk stupid to me. I used to hate kittens.

Comment

Working...
                              X