Reason you Might want to rethink online dating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason you Might want to rethink online dating

Body Parts Found in Recycling Bin Lead to Arrest in Case of Woman Missing After Online Date.

Story Here.

Creepy is as creepy does..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Reason you Might want to rethink online dating

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Body Parts Found in Recycling Bin Lead to Arrest in Case of Woman Missing After Online Date.

Story Here.

Creepy is as creepy does..
    This is terrible, of course, but it started before the Internet. The Lonely Hearts killer murdered women Thad he met through newspaper dating ads.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I rethought it a long time ago.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

You know, I don't think creepers are limited to online dating or personals ads. Plenty of women (and men!) have been hurt or killed by people they picked up in bars or met casually somewhere. No matter where you meet someone, it's important to remember that that person is still a stranger, and you don't really know what they're like. Use common sense and meet in public until you know them better, and always trust your gut.

I met my boyfriend on OK Cupid. We've been together for 3 1/2 years.

Comment

There's other reasons the opposite sex wants to chop me up into little pieces. Online dating is the least of my worries.

Comment

Pretty sure a number of miner mail order brides ended up as stew (or buried out back).

Murder rates used to be atrocious, especially from poison (no way to detect it).
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
              You know, I don't think creepers are limited to online dating or personals ads. Plenty of women (and men!) have been hurt or killed by people they picked up in bars or met casually somewhere. No matter where you meet someone, it's important to remember that that person is still a stranger, and you don't really know what they're like. Use common sense and meet in public until you know them better, and always trust your gut.

I met my boyfriend on OK Cupid. We've been together for 3 1/2 years.
              Absolutely. I met my ex-husband in high school. I knew his entire family for 8 years before we got married. That didn't stop anything from going horribly wrong - all it meant was he was an exceptional con artist at an unusually young age. To this day, I think he was better at it as a teen than any other person of any age, anywhere.

There were 1 or 2 guys I met online or through personals before the 'net who were really decent people. But some were true weirdos, in all differing ways. My favorite was the one, in his late 40's, who seemed really nice. I asked him why he'd never been married and he said "I never thought about it too much but now it's time I look for a girlfriend, because MY MOM ISN'T GONNA LIVE FOREVER."

Yuppity-do.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I think online dating is too good to be true. First you chat with an attractive woman or man then the next thing you know the attractive woman or man you'll be meeting turns out to be a teenager girl or boy because she or he lied about her or his age. It happen before on Crime Watch Daily. This is why I stay away from online dating.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                  I think online dating is too good to be true. First you chat with an attractive woman or man then the next thing you know the attractive woman or man you'll be meeting turns out to be a teenager girl or boy because she or he lied about her or his age. It happen before on Crime Watch Daily. This is why I stay away from online dating.
                  Man, you must be doing something very wrong with your online dating.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                    If this happens often enough to be an issue then video chat is harder to fake than tossing up a photo and since laptops these days tend to come with integrated webcams, arranging vid chat isn't terribly difficult. You're gonna get stuck guessing the age off interaction but you'll be slightly more assured that you aren't being completely suckered.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Ok here what happen on Crime Watch Daily: An older man who's in his early 20s try online dating and he was chatting with an older woman. What he didn't know that the older woman turn out to be a 13 year old girl who lied about her real age. The older man got arrested and registered as a sex offender. Moral of the story: Don't try online dating, it could ruin your life.

Comment

So, everyone on Tinder is 13? Well, damn.

Comment

I agree that online dating makes deception easier. However, I'm not sure that the rate of rape and murder is any higher. I wonder how much of our fear of online dating gone wrong is related to the idea that most rapes and murders are committed by strangers. In fact, people we know may be equally or more dangerous, but it is too scary to contemplate. We like to focus on a guy who jumps out of the bushes. Then we believe that we are safe if we just stay away from bushes.

That said, I would certainly advocate caution when meeting a stranger from a dating site or other online source.

I have seen these dates work out well often enough that I wouldn't try to discourage someone from using these sites.

Comment

Crime is as low as its been since the 60s.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              If this happens often enough to be an issue then video chat is harder to fake than tossing up a photo and since laptops these days tend to come with integrated webcams, arranging vid chat isn't terribly difficult. You're gonna get stuck guessing the age off interaction but you'll be slightly more assured that you aren't being completely suckered.
                              That's true.

Comment

Working...
                              X