Witch Tax in Romania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witch Tax in Romania

Witch tax: Superstitions are no laughing matter in Romania and have been part of its culture for centuries. President Traian Basescu and his aides have been known to wear purple on certain days, supposedly to ward off evil.

I had no idea Christian Scientist journalists were so condescending...
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Re: Witch Tax in Romania

How peculiar. Well at least they're noticeing magic is real. Im waiting for the riots though, this dosent seem very good.
    Circe

Comment

wow i saw this on yahoo news and was going to post it! I really am speechless about the whole thing. cackling? wtf

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

At least if the government taxes and licenses witchcraft type professions then they can't be illegal ... 8)

Workmans comp if you suddenly can't turn anyone into a frog? ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=Clive link=topic=1360.msg27488#msg27488 date=1294506441]
          Witch tax: Superstitions are no laughing matter in Romania and have been part of its culture for centuries. President Traian Basescu and his aides have been known to wear purple on certain days, supposedly to ward off evil.

I had no idea Christian Scientist journalists were so condescending...
          [/quote]

Apparently they have a really poor sense of humour, too.

'Trouble is brewing for Romania's witches, whose toil is being taxed for the first time despite their threats of putting curses on the government. Also being taxed for the first time are fortune tellers, who probably saw this coming
          "The Germans do not think it in keeping with the divine majesty to confine gods within walls or to portray them in the likeness of any human countenance. Their holy places are woods and groves, and they apply the names of deities to that hidden presence which is seen only by the eye of reverence." (Tacitus, `Germania', 9)

Comment

The one that gets me is the witch that is cackeling over her cauldron. whatever. i did think the cheesy humor was kind of funny. for second.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

they were nicer than the crap that spewed from kurt cameron's mouth after spying on a public ritual here and using illegally recorded audio for their slander show....

and do have to agree, despite the propaganda wording of the article, at least it's now a legal profession and has recognition as such.
              -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
              (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

[quote author=KashakuTatsu link=topic=1360.msg28403#msg28403 date=1294930084]
                they were nicer than the crap that spewed from kurt cameron's mouth after spying on a public ritual here and using illegally recorded audio for their slander show....
                [/quote]

?????
                "The Germans do not think it in keeping with the divine majesty to confine gods within walls or to portray them in the likeness of any human countenance. Their holy places are woods and groves, and they apply the names of deities to that hidden presence which is seen only by the eye of reverence." (Tacitus, `Germania', 9)

Comment

Working...
                X