The superbug of super bugs has arrived.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The superbug of super bugs has arrived.

The superbug that doctors have been dreading just reached the U.S.

I do not know how bad this is,but from the story it sounds BAD.

From this quote,it does sound BAD.

For the first time, researchers have found a person in the United States carrying bacteria resistant to antibiotics of last resort, an alarming development that the top U.S. public health official says could signal "the end of the road" for antibiotics.

I will be in my blanket cave if anyone wants me.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: The superbug of super bugs has arrived.

We knew this was coming and we only have our own stupidity to blame. Antibiotics are so over-prescribed here in the UK and according to the news it's just as bad in the states. It has always annoyed me when trained and educated medics prescribe antibiotics for a viral infection. My 15 year old niece can explain the difference between bacteria and viruses!

When I was an outreach support worker one of my clients had 3 kids and at the slightest sniff she'd keep them off school and whip them over to the GP, who would confirm what I'd been saying all morning, that they had a cold, but then hand over antibiotics. This behaviour is shamefully wide-spread and we're going to have to learn the hard way.

Dare I mention the overuse of antibiotics in farming too and how that has contributed to the issue? Gah, maybe we best not go there huh.. :/
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
    X