This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Measles outbreak linked to detention camp

The title says it all here. Basically a detention Camp for Illegal or the politically correct term "Undocumented" aliens has been determined to be the source of this outbreak. While the numbers at the moment are low, something like 12 confirmed so far, the potential is fairly likely to result in more.

One aspect of the issue from a health perspective and addressed in the article is the fact many diseases which have been defeated or controlled in the US are now making a re-appearance due to the many immigrants coming into the country. Cited references of increase's in TB is a by product of the mass acceptance of immigrants. Especially in the sense of by passing many of our existing laws regarding medical and health status of someone attempting to enter the US.

I suppose some will claim its all alarmist noise but I don't see how one can deny that there are many immigrants coming in both legally and illegally that are originating from countries with less than stellar health care systems.

I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Re: Measles outbreak linked to detention camp

Damn those low-lifes running from poverty and corrupt governments being concentrated into tiny areas and spreading diseases in the places they go looking for relief.

Should just firebomb the camps and get rid of the problem once and for all!
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 02 Jun 2016, 05:33.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I got ancestors who made it to America on boats and sent right back due to diseases so the pity them poor depressed and such doesn't work on me. Why sent back? because of the immigrant laws we've had on the books for years and the supposed right of protecting its citizens from contagious diseases.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        I got ancestors who made it to America on boats and sent right back due to diseases so the pity them poor depressed and such doesn't work on me. Why sent back? because of the immigrant laws we've had on the books for years and the supposed right of protecting its citizens from contagious diseases.
        I get that.

I try to avoid suffering from jealousy, though. If I have to suffer from something, I'll suffer from compassion.

Not that you need to.. You are you and I am I, and we are not the same.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Is it compassionate to expose an entire population in order to help a few?
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Nobody is illegal. I know it's hard to use politically correct terms and not dehumanize people. Migrant workers have the least power in this country yet contributing a great deal to this country. They have earned our compassion and our healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
              Is it compassionate to expose an entire population in order to help a few?
              Yes.

The dangers of contamination can be controlled, medicines can be used, vaccinations can be given, provided the host country is willing.

'Course, this required a modicum of cash. Is the spending of some money to save the lives of other people compatible with your concept of "compassion" or no?

Comment

Anyone who enters the country without going through the process is illegally in the USA. There are immigrations laws for a reason. When you break the law you are doing something illegal. If you think we are harsh try entering their country without following the law. In some places you just end up in jail until someone pays your (ransom) fines but in other places you die.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                  Anyone who enters the country without going through the process is illegally in the USA. There are immigrations laws for a reason. When you break the law you are doing something illegal. If you think we are harsh try entering their country without following the law. In some places you just end up in jail until someone pays your (ransom) fines but in other places you die.
                  If true, is that a reason - they are bad so we will be bad as well?

I think I've said about all that needs to be said (by me) on this issue.
                  Last edited by B. de Corbin; 02 Jun 2016, 07:23.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    Yes.

The dangers of contamination can be controlled, medicines can be used, vaccinations can be given, provided the host country is willing.

'Course, this required a modicum of cash. Is the spending of some money to save the lives of other people compatible with your concept of "compassion" or no?
                    The dangers of contamination can only be controlled if the entrant notifies the health department but when they sneak across the border there is no control.
                    Again medicines can only be used if the care givers are aware of the problem. When new comers sneak across the border and expose others long before the health department is aware of them you have a catastrophe on your hands and too little medicine to fight it.
                    Vaccinations and vaccines can only be given when they are available. When a country has eradicated a disease they no longer keep large stock piles of vaccine. It takes time to get enough vaccine made to handle a large outbreak. In the time the outbreak can become an epidemic.
                    It can all be stopped by crossing the border legally. Who has that responsibility? Is it those who are sneaking in or those that are the citizens living there?
                    (hint) I can't take responsibility for something I am not aware of.

Comment

The disease-causing organism is not eradicated by vaccines, etc.; only the vulnerability to infection is. People are a little over-confident about their immunity after a generation or so without certain diseases.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

If a law is bad then it should be broken. Don't forget that many refugees and immigrants are fleeing god-awful situations made worse by the west's propensity to bomb the bejasus out of their homelands. People flee for many reasons. They are not, as TPM 'illegals' and to call them this is to dehumanise them.
                        What is the problem in helping people who need our help? It might cost a few extra quid yes. But it will save lives. And a life is worth more than a few quid.
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

The organism is eradicated by its inability to breed. Look mom, no polio! Then someone brings the organism into the area that no longer vaccinates against it and you have to begin processing vaccines and giving the vaccines again.
                          I suppose it was the American Indians fault that they died from diseases brought from Europe by the invading hoards... That must be why we should take the responsibility for those entering the country by sneaking across the border.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                          If a law is bad then it should be broken. Don't forget that many refugees and immigrants are fleeing god-awful situations made worse by the west's propensity to bomb the bejasus out of their homelands. People flee for many reasons. They are not, as TPM 'illegals' and to call them this is to dehumanise them.
                          What is the problem in helping people who need our help? It might cost a few extra quid yes. But it will save lives. And a life is worth more than a few quid.
                          You have changed the subject - refugees and immigrants are legally granted access. When someone sneaks into your country they have not been invited- they are there illegally. The immigration laws are not bad. They are in place to protect the population.

Comment

Anyone that advocates immorality in defense of legality is seriously deficient in humanity.

I'd like to think we won't have that problem here, please keep it that way.

This is not the debate section.
                            Last edited by thalassa; 02 Jun 2016, 07:56.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

You are absolutely wrong. They are not in place to protect anybody. They are in place to maintain control, order, and ensure the status quo. The ruling class decide who comes and goes in this country. These policies are in place to ensure we can continue using cheap, undocumented labor to support the U.S. economy. See: slavery.

It's also not 1492 like we're giving out plague blankets. Not, that we give our most powerless citizens healthcare anyways. Maybe that would be the answer instead of ICE and Border Patrol thugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X