Which is worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is worse?

Yep summer is upon us here in North America. The muggy days with the occasional thunder storm moving through to shake things up. The bugs that you've not hardly missed all winter.

Yet summer also brings two of the pests that just drive me up the wall. You have the common house fly. That creature that seems to be no where and everywhere at the same time. That suddenly shows up to annoy you the moment you sit down as it finds every bit of exposed skin to irritate you at every turn. Not safe inside our outside from this pest and its kin.

Then you have the gnat. That lovely swarming nest that seems to show up and surround your head the moment you start doing something outside. Like some heat seeking missile you don't see them until they strike. Then it seems you can't get ride of them or away from them. Run across the yard and think your safe and wham, surrounded again. They don't bite but sure do irritate beyond belief. Then the hotter it is and the more your sweating the more they come about. Getting in your eyes, up your nose and even into your mouth and ears. Little invaders that seem determined to annoy you.

So which is worse? The gnat and its swarming friends or the common house fly?
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Re: Which is worse?

I hate nats..or maybe fruit flies that come if bananas sit to long and go bad(I think there are eggs in the outer skin) Flies are not to bad here,BUT we had a Really bad fly problem here once,guy died in summer with no air conditioning(and window open) and cooked for over a week,had flies in the halls and everywhere even after for a while until the bug guy came and did them in.(Temp that time was mid 90's for that whole week.)

- - - Updated - - -

Should mention I live in a senior building,so people dieing here is not uncommon..Some here are near or over 80....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

We don't have gnats (though that is what people call them here), we have biting midges...so imagine your flocks of gnats actually biting you. Plus, I got bit by a horsefly type fly last week (not sure it was actually a horsefly, looked a little on the small size). And we have fleas that breed on flea pesticides.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Black flys are the worse - big, fat flies that bite, and the area goes numb for a day.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Those sound like No sees,that I first ran into in Washington state,they will bite the heck out of you...
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
          X