X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drug test the rich!

No possibility of becoming law, but absolutely hilarious:

Democratic Bill Would Drug-Test The Rich
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Drug test the rich!

There is drug testing for employees of all kinds of businesses, commercial drivers are tested, and people who get paid in government jobs are tested. I think the idea of testing someone who is receiving tax money to live on should be tested. Do I think that people who are rich need to be tested? Why? they aren't collecting government funds - even if their businesses are - the employees, the ones doing the work are tested to make sure the government gets what they pay for but the guy who owns the company isn't performing work for anyone but himself.
    I, personally, don't think that testing is a lawful act. It is an unwarranted search of a person. There is no evidence to support a search and thus no warrant. Just another example of our rights being eroded.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

For once, I actually agree with you. I don't agree with drug testing people getting government assistance or drug testing people for jobs.

Comment

I love irony legislation...

they aren't collecting government funds
        ...perhaps. But they sure do receive a greater share of tax payer funded benefits.
        Last edited by thalassa; 17 Jun 2016, 09:55.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not a big fan of drug testing unless a crime is involved. It's just another way someone's making money, and heavens forbid you went to a concert the night before without a gas mask!
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
          X