X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie theater shooting in Germany

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/23/europe...ing/index.html
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: Movie theater shooting in Germany

Too, too, too much of this going around.

Is the world returning to pre-WWI politics?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      Too, too, too much of this going around.

I don't know if it's that, or copycats looking for their moment of fame, or to "go out in a blaze of glory" or what. There's a certain immaturity in violent behavior. I always think of the scene in Gone With The Wind where the young mean learn the Civil War has begun, and they all run out of the party and jump on their horses in a cloud or excitement, with no thought to the inevitable injury, illness, and death that will befall many of them. They act like they're still little kids running away from home with no provisions, coming back thirsty an hour later. I don't think some people truly realize the finality of their own deaths.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

What do you mean by that?

Comment

Well at least noone but the idiot himself got hurt this time... I know this article says 25 hurt, but the latest update on Danish news is noone hurt, but a few people did get some teargass on them.
          it seems to happen a lot lately. But I can never quite decide whether it actually happens more often, or we just hear about it more.
          Last edited by iris; 23 Jun 2016, 08:15.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
            What do you mean by that?

Anarchist bombings and assassinations. All in the name of improving the world, leading directly into WWI.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Anarchist bombings and assassinations. All in the name of improving the world, leading directly into WWI.
              Scary part there is who is going to play the role of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and what Country / Empire will he / she be representing? Lots of tinder boxes that could be ignited real easy it seems.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                Well at least noone but the idiot himself got hurt this time... I know this article says 25 hurt, but the latest update on Danish news is noone hurt, but a few people did get some teargass on them.
                it seems to happen a lot lately. But I can never quite decide whether it actually happens more often, or we just hear about it more.
                I don't think it happens more often, at least not in Europe. I was going over data of shootings in Europe over the past few decades and they've been pretty steady. We hear about EVERY SINGLE ONE on the continent now, though. A couple of decades ago, I doubt a shooting where no one got seriously hurt in some random town in Deutschland would have made international news.

This kind of proves my point about assault rifles vs. normal rifles, though. In Germany, you can only have hunting rifles, and it's not all that easy to shoot up a movie theatre with one of those. This dude tried, and look what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

I read in our press (from credible sources) that there were only around 30 people in the theatre and no one was hurt.

Comment

More things I didn't learn in history class.

Comment

I'm just really glad and thankful that no one got hurt.
                    [4:82]

Comment

Working...
                    X