Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the stories we tell ourselves so we can sleep at night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the stories we tell ourselves so we can sleep at night...

I love how all the commenters on http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...&ocid=iehpthis story missed the point of it...diffusion of responsibility and the stories we tell ourselves to justify our beliefs and actions, indeed.

Thank you America, for validating my opinion that while many people can read, they sure as heck can't comprehend what they are reading, much less interpret it and apply it further.
    Last edited by thalassa; 30 Jun 2016, 02:49.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: the stories we tell ourselves so we can sleep at night...

All the stories tell us something, but they all tell us something different...

People pick the stories they want to believe, then quit thinking.
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 30 Jun 2016, 03:33.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Have to say just because we read the same story in no way implies we will come away with the same conclusions. I recall from my psychology and sociology classes the story about Kitty and her murder and the truth it bred of holler fire vice hollering for help to get people to come out of their apartments. Main thing I recall was the apathetic nature that seemed to be inferred by a lack of action and response by those who heard her cries. Yet I also recall the very fouled nature of the story and conflicting facts regarding it as reported versus what was also coming out in other publications.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

It is acceptable that different people reach different conclusions when they read something but that comment section is so off base.It immediately devolves into partisan nonsense-things that have nothing to do with the subject matter.

Comment

No matter who teaches what and in what depth, no two students will learn the same thing. Some are close and some are disconnected but the only true meaning of any set of facts is the individual's belief.
          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
          X