Because Inquiring minds want to know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Inquiring minds want to know...

Ok lets just say my mind wandered into one of those crazy subject places again.

I was looking at an adult comic today and the premise was about son goes back in time and meets his mother. Son has relationship with mother while there and she does not realize it is her son. Son may or may not realize the woman is his mother. Then just to add a bit of challenge to the scenario presume it's at the same point in time when the son was conceived.

Granted it could be son and mother, father and daughter or any combination of them. Now the point of the thread is not the sexual taboo's or such but the psychological realization of discovering you've created yourself.

What do you do when you realize you went back in time and conceived yourself?
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Re: Because Inquiring minds want to know...

That comic writer must have watched Predestination. It's a pretty spot on simple version of the sci fi movie.

That's all I got. If you watch the movie and can follow it, Satan bless you.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post

To be honest, I think I would probably spend an inordinately long time in the toilet.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Ok lets just say my mind wandered into one of those crazy subject places again.

I was looking at an adult comic today and the premise was about son goes back in time and meets his mother. Son has relationship with mother while there and she does not realize it is her son. Son may or may not realize the woman is his mother. Then just to add a bit of challenge to the scenario presume it's at the same point in time when the son was conceived.

Granted it could be son and mother, father and daughter or any combination of them. Now the point of the thread is not the sexual taboo's or such but the psychological realization of discovering you've created yourself.

So comic book,and as they used to say,"the kind men like"

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't even know where to go with that... Wouldn't it be some sort of paradox?
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            And if not, maybe it should be.
            Last edited by thalassa; 11 Jul 2016, 12:44.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

As a former wiccan who still celebrates the wheel of the year, this is nothing out of the ordinary. I guess the worst that could happen is I'd develop a God complex.
              Last edited by Jembru; 11 Jul 2016, 13:24.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                A paradox was my initial though as well. It never answers how the first conception would have occurred in order to go back and conceive yourself. Yet it still ties in with the notion of being conceived then going back in time and killing your father type scenario. If you go back and kill him how can you be conceived? So if you go back to conceive yourself how can you be conceived in the first place in order to do it.

About the only way I could imagine it, and that very iffy, is in some capacity all time is present. Which would first have to suggest that time is not linear but all present at once

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                As a former wiccan who still celebrates the wheel of the year, this is nothing out of the ordinary. I guess the worst that could happen is I'd develop a God complex.
                I've got to hear how this ties into the Wheel of the Year concept. The wheel is the young prince basically reborn over and over, this one is going back in time to conceive yourself at the moment of creation.

Comment

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Go f*** yourself),I mean real new meaning.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    Gives new meaning to the phrase "Go f*** yourself),I mean real new meaning.
                    Figure a person could claim, and be totally truthful when they claim to have screwed up their future and had a F** up past.

Comment

I've got to hear how this ties into the Wheel of the Year concept. The wheel is the young prince basically reborn over and over, this one is going back in time to conceive yourself at the moment of creation.
                      Reborn, yes.. from the belly of the Goddess, whom he impregnated at Beltane. Maybe you heard a different version but in my part of the world the wiccan God is technically his own dad.
                      Last edited by Jembru; 11 Jul 2016, 14:40.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Reborn, yes.. from the belly of the Goddess, whom he impregnated at Beltane. Maybe you heard a different version but in my part of the world the wiccan God is technically his own dad.
                        Nope nope, here too!
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                          Nope nope, here too!
                          Maybe it's originally a British Traditional thing then. There are so many branches of wicca that I daresay there are countless versions of the woty myth besides the one I know, but from what I can gather, BT has a big influence still.

I always loved the look on people's faces when I told them that Goddess makes love to her son who after fathering himself is then sacrificed ready to be born again at Yule. Went down particularly well when coupled with the creation myth where Goddess created God from her own reflection so they began identical to one another during the first embrace! Gender fluidity at its finest, right! Gotta love modern day paganism in all its weird and wonderful forms!

Comment

Maybe it's originally a British Traditional thing then. There are so many branches of wicca that I daresay there are countless versions of the woty myth besides the one I know, but from what I can gather, BT has a big influence still.

I always loved the look on people's faces when I told them that Goddess makes love to her son who after fathering himself is then sacrificed ready to be born again at Yule. Went down particularly well when coupled with the creation myth where Goddess created God from her own reflection so they began identical to one another during the first embrace! Gender fluidity at its finest, right! Gotta love modern day paganism in all its weird and wonderful forms!
                            Mine would be more along the lines of the Oak and Holly Kings. As such they are consorts and off spring becomes the next king. So Holly King child become next Oak King, Oak King fathers next Holly King. But it's been so long since I paid much attention to it that it is rusty in my memory.

Comment

Ah, yeah, we had that myth too but they weren't considered aspects of God by my coven. They were more like spirits, or egregores even. The myth was reenacted as a metaphor for the passing from the waxing to the waning half of the year (and vice versa of course). They were concerned only with the solstices though, while the cycle of Goddess and God was specifically celebrated on the fire festivals. Come to think of it, we had no myth for the equinoxes at all.. I never noticed that until now.

I'm really curious to know how others view the woty now, but let's not derail this thread too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X