Zodiac changed, 13th sign?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zodiac changed, 13th sign?!

I'm sorry I don't care what you say. I am a Taurus, not an Aries.

Apparently from the change in position of the earth in relation to the sun we now have a 13th sign and all the dates of the signs have been changed. What does everyone think about this?
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Re: Zodiac changed, 13th sign?!

Yeah it says now I am the new sign Ophiuchus. NOPE I am Sagittarius. **** them!
    sigpic

Comment

What the heck! There's no way I'm a Taurus! I don't understand why its changed though.
      It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I do not know why... but I am pissed!!! And of course I have to have MY sign changed to the one that NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT!!! FRICK!

Even more shocking: Kunkle and his colleagues say there should be a 13th sign, Ophiuchus. That's the constellation the sun is in from Nov. 29 to Dec. 17. Apparently, the Babylonians skipped Ophiuchus because they wanted there to be only 12 signs.
        from the full story http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/13/ne...is-on-twitter/
        sigpic

Comment

I am the definition of a Gemini! I'm NOT changing >

Comment

Liadan is an Ophiuchus!

Nah nah nah!

(what's an Ophiuchus? Some kind of tree dwelling rodent? Or maybe a bug?)

;D
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=1393.msg28479#msg28479 date=1294951172]
              Liadan is an Ophiuchus!

Nah nah nah!

(what's an Ophiuchus? Some kind of tree dwelling rodent? Or maybe a bug?)

;D
              [/quote]

the mythology on it isnt even sure... its the serpent bearer... its some dude holding a serpent of some sort.

it would explain those people that are "off" from their sign. maybe? but now those of us who are described completely by our sign are... wrong? I have an issue with that.
              "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=1393.msg28479#msg28479 date=1294951172]
                Liadan is an Ophiuchus!

Nah nah nah!

(what's an Ophiuchus? Some kind of tree dwelling rodent? Or maybe a bug?)[/quote]

:P

I hate to sound silly but I don't wanna change. I like being a Sagittarius, it fits me. I feel like stomping around like a child assuming that my temper tantrum will fix things...

There are multiple versions of the story in Greek mythology. One states that Ophiuchus is identified with the healer Asclepius, son of Apollo, who became so skilled that he brought the dead back to life.[3] Then Hades became so angry that he convinced Zeus to kill Asclepius with a lightning bolt.[4] After his death, he was placed in the stars as a constellation.

Another version states that Asclepius witnessed a snake reviving a dead snake with herbs. Zeus then killed Asclepius with a thunderbolt to prevent the knowledge from spreading, but out of honor for his life works, turned him into the constellation Ophiuchus (The Snake Holder).[5]
                sigpic

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=1393.msg28483#msg28483 date=1294951664]
                  it would explain those people that are "off" from their sign. maybe? but now those of us who are described completely by our sign are... wrong? I have an issue with that.
                  [/quote]

This!!!!!!!

Comment

hate to be the buzzkill, but...this isn't anything new...I actually read about this probably 10 years ago or so, but its been known about for...well, 500 BC. And, as far as astrology goes, there have been systems that already incorporate it for a while, though conventional (tropical) astrology does not. Part of the reason for that is because, well, the dates actually aren't fixed. When the sun enters a particular constellation has always varied...the date/time for which you are born constitutes your birth sign, and your astrological sign would technically be the constellation that the sun was in upon that date. It really doesn't change anything according to tropical astrology though, because it uses the mathematically arbitrary, but close, 30 degree (meaning 12 signs) system...so your sign is still your own.

ETA:[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=1393.msg28483#msg28483 date=1294951664]
                    [/quote]

Not really...there are other astrological factors puported to influence birth, not just your sun sign
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

but what element is this 13th sign? what are its traits? and does anyone have a site or program you can download to show your actual chart to tell you what your sign is on this 13 sign system?

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=1393.msg28494#msg28494 date=1294952650]
                        but what element is this 13th sign? what are its traits? and does anyone have a site or program you can download to show your actual chart to tell you what your sign is on this 13 sign system?
                        [/quote]

google sidereal astrology

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Is it dumb I am having a slight identity crisis over this? lol
                          sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=1393.msg28498#msg28498 date=1294952799]
                            Is it dumb I am having a slight identity crisis over this? lol
                            [/quote]

I've always thought astrology was a bunch of bunk (albeit amusing bunk) into which you read what you want anyhow ...

...but either way, I'm still a Scorpio (under both systems, and in personality) :P
                            sigpic

Comment

i've been googling this for a while now and cant find a single sentence on the Ophiuchus sign... besides unsure mythologies about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X