Strategies for restoring energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies for restoring energy

I'm looking for ideas for restoring spiritual energy.

My mother-in-law of 20 years spent this summer dying from cancer, passing about 2 weeks ago. This is a huge thing for my family, especially my husband, but also for me. Not only was she a person with a large presence, it is one of those deaths that really make you think about your own mortality and changing stages of life. So, two days following the funeral, we are grieving, and trying to help our kids grieve. We just really needed time to rest and comfort each other. Instead, we get a supposed friend bringing in a tornado of abusive and manipulative behavior that was intended to isolate us and leave us vulnerable to her. Some people would call it psychic vampirism, some people would call it personality disorder, and others would just call it messed up. It left already hurt people reeling. There was painful fallout, including anxiety attacks and fear for our wellbeing.

We have pulled together, and friend is no longer around. But it is exhausting. I feel as if I am recovering from surgery. I know I will be okay, and my family will be okay. I am just sooo weak and tired. I know to exercise, rest, eat well, and meditate. It just takes all of my strength to walk around. It is not depression, it is just a kind of exhaustion combined with an appropriate level of grief. If anyone has experience with any types of meditations or spells or mundane tips for feeling stronger I would surely appreciate it.

Also, I am a little nervous about attempting any kind of magic right now, as I feel so weak. I am slowly cleansing my home, which is helpful.

Re: Strategies for restoring energy

Sounds nasty for a so called friend to do right after saying goodbye to a loved one. Hope you find some balance and energy very quickly.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thanks, Anunitu. She's been having some hard times herself, so we were cutting her some slack. Now I think the problem is a bit more than we thought.

Comment

You have spent a lot of time on the worst part of life. It is time to balance and remember all the good in your life. Go someplace where your family has gone before that holds memories of good times. Invite his mother's spirit along and make it a day of family fun. Enjoy the best parts of your life and remember the love and happiness that is a part of that.
        Last edited by DragonsFriend; 30 Aug 2016, 06:47.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Thanks, DragonsFriend. That is a great idea. I'm going to see if I can get my family to do that-there is a nice lake with happy memories that I have in mind.

I'm feeling better today. It was just worrisome, because I need to support my family right now, rather than leaning on them too much. But love and joy create love and joy, so I think I will lead us all in that direction.

Comment

Working...
          X