Threat Level raised to Critical but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threat Level raised to Critical but...

Following the dreadful atrocity in Manchester on the 22nd May, the Threat Level has been raised to Critical.

But come on, wouldn't you like to know what really terrifies Brits? Here you go...

www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Re: Threat Level raised to Critical but...

I already made that thread already.

Comment

Well it's not the first time your levels have been at critical. According to our news it happened twice before in 2006 and 2007...

I love this. Really. Hang on, I'm moving over there! Fight fear with humour... also. A lot of them are really relatable to me
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
        I already made that thread already.
        And you are going to demonstrate your vast supply of patience and good nature by not whining because Tylluan didn't notice your thread or that I haven't decided whether I want to merge a thread about an attack and a thread about the response just yet.

Should you decide not to demonstrate your vast aupply of patience and good nature then I may demonstrate my complete lack of either quality.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

My biggest belly laugh was the doorbell one. Oh gods yes. Unless I'm expecting someone, a knock at the door is terrifying. I might have to talk to someone.. I haven't even done my hair...
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

What years was it when the IRA was doing their Bombings in London?

here.

Seems like that went on for quite some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            My biggest belly laugh was the doorbell one. Oh gods yes. Unless I'm expecting someone, a knock at the door is terrifying. I might have to talk to someone.. I haven't even done my hair...
            I am with you on the doorbell thing Jem,if I am not expecting anyone I get that uneasy feeling as well. Why I tell people,Do not just drop by,call first.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
              And you are going to demonstrate your vast supply of patience and good nature by not whining because Tylluan didn't notice your thread or that I haven't decided whether I want to merge a thread about an attack and a thread about the response just yet.

Should you decide not to demonstrate your vast aupply of patience and good nature then I may demonstrate my complete lack of either quality.
              My apologies. I thought that somebody will notice my thread.

Comment

Not everyone reads new threads first. Some do, some don't. Assuming that someone has read your thread generally leads to unnecessary fights. Given that Tylluan lives a hell of a lot closer to Manchester than you do, it is bad form (because a more accurate description breaches profanity regs) to provoke a fight over this at this point.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I am feeling the hurt and fear that our members that live there must be dealing with. I also feel and hope that it does not come here,BUT there is no guarantee that we will remain immune to this pain and fear.
                  My thoughts are with those effected by this attack.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                    My apologies. I thought that somebody will notice my thread.
                    Sorry - I did miss your thread. No hurt was intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Worst for me is seeing photos of military on the streets in London. I mean where I live there aren't any, but it is strange seeing people armed. And as there is a General Election looming, I would hate to see them still there come polling day.

Then again, if there's a knock at the door....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                      Sorry - I did miss your thread. No hurt was intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Worst for me is seeing photos of military on the streets in London. I mean where I live there aren't any, but it is strange seeing people armed. And as there is a General Election looming, I would hate to see them still there come polling day.

Then again, if there's a knock at the door....
                      Even from here. Every time I open the news (which is really too often for my sanity) there's a new arrest, or a new controlled explosion around Manchester. Like 5 minutes ago I saw a headline that bomb disposal was being called to a university in the area... I guess that's really a good thing, that they're rooting it out quickly I mean. But it's scary.
                      I've disliked being in copenhagen for a long time because we have armed police stationed on extra sensitive places, I know it's for safety but it's an uncomfortable reminder.
                      I can only imagine London being much worse.
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

In some places here in the US,it seems there are riot gear police standing around with their sub machine guns hanging by straps and Bullet proof vests on their chests.

In the Subway...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

The riot gear police in the US always look so angry. Mind you, they might be the same in the UK, only we don't usually see them in the Welsh Valleys...

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                            Not everyone reads new threads first. Some do, some don't. Assuming that someone has read your thread generally leads to unnecessary fights. Given that Tylluan lives a hell of a lot closer to Manchester than you do, it is bad form (because a more accurate description breaches profanity regs) to provoke a fight over this at this point.
                            Like I said, I apologized. I didn't mean to be so harsh. And I understand the situation.

Comment

My first day at university I walked on the subway and saw armed police. Went to uni and saw more on the way but noone at uni. Our first lecture started and the hall had a full wall of glass so we could see out. Suddenly they were swarming all over the place guns out. That was one hell of a scare.. turned out some idiot had seen a scared looking middle eastern boy reading a book about terror on the train and noticed something suspicious in his bag... he was going to a social studies exam, his assignment was on terror, and the suspicious thing was his computer... think that's the most police I've ever seen in one place. We don't see them much out here, that's the good thing about living outside of the city.
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Working...