Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angels

If you believe in angels and pagan how do you view angels?
    "Everyone and everything around you is your teacher." -- Ken Keyes Jr.

Re: Angels

Angel means messenger in hebrew I think. Angels are the beings that inhabit the upper levels of the astral planes. They are beings composed usually of "light energy" not ligh like sunlight or from a light bulb but thessence of light or positive energy. The are the same class of creatures as demons but of a different denomination. They hold great power. I belive they have been mistaken as deities and worshiped (as well as demons) in the past. Not all angels are nice or kind. They along with demons form the creatures wich reside on the level between humans and the greater deities. Angels are emmensly beautiful and many serve powerful gods or goddess. Angels have several levels and titles. The most powerful angels are like gods.
    Circe

Comment

Sorry for the double post but...

There are many different types of angels in mythology, including seraphim, cherubim thrones, powers, archangels, malaaikah, and...

http://www.paganspath.com/meta/angels.htm (I like this one)

Fallen angels~

http://robjo.wordpress.com/2007/08/0...gel-mythology/ (I had to post this, read the comments at the bottom)

Let us help you live a life you love. Find tools to help you have fun and make the most out of each and every day.

Thease websites show various theories/accounts/research of angels and demons. Some have accounts and many have large amouts of research gone into them.
      Circe

Comment

I think angels and demons are the same creatures and that they are specifically associated with a certain diety, as in they work for a diety. We label them according to whether we like that diety or not, or whether we think the ideals they uphold are "good" or "bad". I don't think anything can be an angel based on those standards however. For instance if a human works for a diety, or toward their cause, that doesn't make them an angel/demon.

So to compound the first condition, I add that they have to be creatures of supernatural ability, including the one that allows them to travel to the realm in which the diety/dieties preside.

Pherhaps they are more of an energy being, perhaps they can take a physical form. What that is, how they are composed, those are questions I don't think it's nessecary to ask. I think the more important question is their purpose.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I view them as being functions more than separate entities. They are the constructive force of the Universe. Whenever anyone brings up demons, I see them much as I do angels - only they are the destructive force of the Universe. They (angels & demons) keep the machines oiled & check on the timing belt.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Angels...

Hello everyone
            Thank you all for your warm welcome.

I came across this whilst browsing and thought I would share it with you. If you wish to try it, please be safe and allow plenty of space between the flames and the ceiling! I'll certainly give it a try and if you do - all the best!!

Simple Angel Spell

Put three candles in the highest place you have at home inside a plate with sugar all around the candles.
            Light the candles. Ask for three wishes to the Angels St Raphael, St Michael and St Gabriel. Ask one wish for business, one wish for love and one impossible wish.
            Publish this spell on the third day after you requested the wishes by posting it to someone else, posting it in a newsgroup, or by announcing your thanks to the Saints in a newspaper classified advert, and see what happens on the fourth day...

Comment

Re: Angels...

Have you tried this?

If so, were the results good?
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
              X