Hello ... Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello ... Again

Well, it seems that I am writing yet another Introduction thread though am finding myself a bit loathe to simply spout out the same stuff as every other time. Therefore ... I'm back, I think, after most likely way too long away. A few years I suppose it's been this time, as I've found a distraction that pulled me away and one thing led to another and it became an almost distant memory that I had spent so much time here browsing, posting, and generally feeling part of the community. Life seems to have its ways of letting you know when it's time to stop being so distant from the things that used to make you feel "normal" and connected to the rest of the world that you chose (or that chose you), so here I am again. Perhaps I can find new friends, reconnect with old friends, and apologize for the disappearing act that I had yet again performed.

So here I am.

"If you find a true friend whom you can trust and want that friendship to stay strong, you should share your thoughts with them, exchange gifts, and go often to their house."

This place, this site is that house to which I hope to return to again to exchange the gift of words, thoughts, and kindnesses with all of you, in hopes that the friendship can be built again.

M&H

Re: Hello ... Again

WELCOME BACK!!!

I needed fresh pizza ingredients.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
    X