Photo Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Sharing

So Photobucket has decided we can no longer share photos for free on other sites. I've used them for years and so now pretty much all the images in my blogs here, and posts on other forums have been deleted.

Can anyone suggest a better free site that I can use instead? I actually don't mind paying for online services and I do so frequently, but I take huge offense to suddenly being forced to pay for things that were always free, just because a site is losing popularity. It's not as though they don't make enough money from ads. I can't use it on my phone because the amount of pop-ups make my phone crash. Without ad-blocker the free version is pretty much unusable.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, it seems that most of my pictures are still there on here (didn't appear so on mobile view but maybe it was just me). I guess I've just ran out of free allowance, which isn't so bad. Still, I'm going to have to find a good site to start using instead. Or maybe swallow my pride and just pay for a service I've used for years!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Re: Photo Sharing

That happens Jem. I would not be surprised if Twitter begins a subscription fee,as it is not making money right now,as far as I know,that or major ad stuff. The problem with the ads is they go way overboard with them.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It wasn't just me. My photos are all gone on mobile view but not on pc. Very weird.

I tried a site that had good reviews and you don't even have to sign up to, but the codes it gives you aren't compatible with PF format.

Like I say, I don't mind paying for services online. Someone took their time to make the content or maintain the site. It's only right the people should be paid for work that you appreciate. There's a strange phenomenon where people expect everything online to be free, yet they'd never have the same expectation of items in a store. In this case though, the way they have done it is very backhanded. They know it would take hours for bloggers to move all their pictures to new sites so some will subscribe just the ease. It's the kind of trick drug dealers pull. Shameful.

I'd actually pay to use a less popular site just to make a point!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

What about shutterfly?
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I like Deviant Art for that.
          ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I finally got some time to sit down and take a look at this.

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            What about shutterfly?
            I had the same issue when I tried shutterfly. The code they give you looks like; https://pix.sfly.com/N-PdM5 and that doesn't work even when I try to put in the [URL] and whatnot.

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
            I like Deviant Art for that.
            I try this next. Photobucket just gave me a code I could drop into PF and 'poof' my image appeared. Hope Deviant Art allow that.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm.. doesn't look like Deviant Art gives you a code that works here either.

Comment

Working...
            X