Well, that was strange.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that was strange.

I've got to say, while I'm no newbie, this is interesting and I'm not sure where to go with it.

Last night was attempting to meditate before bed, as I've started to do because it's really the only time I get a dark, quiet alone time. My cat cuddles up, I settle in and I start to breathe. I didn't know where I wanted to go, or what I wanted to do but I figured I would just calm my mind and focus on anything that came.

My mind began to wander around but nothing specific came through. Suddenly, I.. well, for lack of a better term, I snarled. Loudly. I heard myself do it. I almost thought it was exploding head at first but realized that it was me. I made the sound. It was like a snort, or maybe a single, really loud snore but I wasn't asleep. I was awake and I heard myself do it. It was definitely a snarl. Today I tried making the sound again and I really couldn't without a lot of effort and even then it wasn't the same.

I wasn't mad or upset, even after the snarl. Some negativity happened during the day, but what else is new?

Have any of y'all ever snarled out loud during meditation for seemingly no reason? I'm curious to get some outside perspective on this.

Maybe I was just snoring. Heh.
    Last edited by WickedWicka; 27 Feb 2018, 07:38.

Re: Well, that was strange.

i myself have done this,sounds like a cat doing that you are evil sound they do.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't tend to snarl.

I did turn into a werewolf once while on 'shrooms, though (long story).

My meditations are usually the breath counting type. Was something troubling on your mind?
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

If we're being honest, something is almost always troubling my mind. Which is kind of why I brought the post here.

I do breath counting, but I also do a lot of visualization, journeying and such when I meditate.

I've never turned into anything on shrooms, but I've been places. Whoa places. Haha.
        Last edited by WickedWicka; 27 Feb 2018, 08:26.

Comment

Working...
        X