Easter/Ostara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter/Ostara

Those of you who celebrate Easter, whatcha up to this weekend?

Those of you who celebrate the vernal equinox, what did you get up to last weekend?

---

For Easter this weekend, we are going to what we call "Orphan Easter" at a friend's place. We get all the stragglers without plans gathered together, hold a massive potluck, and drink a lot of wine. I'll be dying eggs in a couple of days.

For the vernal equinox, I didn't really get up to much. I tried to have a bonfire, but it was really cold (-30C) that day, and it was a weekday, so nobody was interested. However, at the end of March every year, the town I live in throws this massive bonfire on the lake to herald in the coming promise of Spring.

It's not Spring here yet, but it will be in a month or so.
    Attached Files

Mostly art.

Re: Easter/Ostara

We usually do our Ostara celebration on Easter and Phee's birthday the weekend before the equinox, since her b-day is the 20th...so, yay egg hunt, and yummy food!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

My plans for Easter basically amount to work and snagging left-overs from the family dinner that I'll be missing. This particular point aggravates the rest of the family more than me. I'm not overly attached to large family gatherings.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I don't celebrate Easter/Ostara, just the equinox. Growing up we used to do a day long easter egg hunt with all the kids getting a chance to hide the eggs, but considering the kids grew up estranged and now have their own family, it's not so fun. I'll be taking one of my sons to see A Wrinkle in Time on Sunday, and then getting ice cream after.
        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I would have liked to have done something, but the last few years I've just not had much inspiration.

This one was spent studying...and the obligatory chocolate feasting...

Comment

Like Cat, I don't celebrate either, but I do observe the Equinox. I don't think I've done anything special for it, either. I've been really lax with spirituality for a while.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I held my own solitary Equinox ritual last week. Tomorrow I'll have eggs for breakfast and "spring" type foods like asparagus, etc. later.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My wife and I spent the weekend with my daughter And son in law, daughter is pregnant again, and my nearly 2 year old grand daughter.

How much more Easter can ya' git?
                Last edited by B. de Corbin; 01 Apr 2018, 17:03.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm Celtic REcon, but I still call it Ostara because it's just easier. This year, we couldn't celebrate on the actual equinox because of family conflicts, so we moved it to the 31 and mushed it with Easter. We spent most of the day outside, making windchimes, seed bombs, ceramic dishes with flowers pressed into them, we played a board game about gardening, and we did colouring pages because we're all adults and we have the right to colour like children. It was good fun.
                  She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Working...
                  X