Failed Ritual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed Ritual

Okay so last Saturday the coven I'm in decided on doing a banishing illness ritual. Seemed like a great idea as most of us had gotten over a cold just the week before and we didn't really want to get sick anymore during this Winter. The ritual was a little rushed because as we started setting up outside we realized it was gonna start raining soon and we did it real informal as there weren't that many of us that night. Well, the next morning I wake with a sore throat and a stuffy noise. Today I'm curled up in a heating blanket even worse. So, yeah, failed ritual. lol. At least I'm not alone. Another member also got the cold I have.

Just thought I'd share this. I thought it was kind of funny.

Re: Failed Ritual

It probably didn't work because you rushed it.

Banishing illnesses, I find work best indoors (expecially during cold/flu season) and I have found poppits work the best for me when I'm doing any type of personal banishing.

Comment

It most likely was from rushing it, but it wasn't because we were outside. I live in East Texas and was wearing shorts because it was warm. lol.

Comment

LOL....I forgot you live in Texas! Must be nice >

Comment

I'd suggest maybe trying the ritual again, but maybe with different people? Or you could do it solo? Just a thought How you get well
          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

[quote author=Amber link=topic=1447.msg30550#msg30550 date=1295973074]
            LOL....I forgot you live in Texas! Must be nice >
            [/quote]
            Its nice some times, but I'd like a Christmas/Yule wear it was actually feels like Winter. Our clothing stores are already putting out bathing suits. lol I'd prefer a place that snows. I'm temped to more North every winter.

[quote author=Amelia-Mary link=topic=1447.msg30577#msg30577 date=1295980620]
            I'd suggest maybe trying the ritual again, but maybe with different people? Or you could do it solo? Just a thought How you get well
            [/quote]
            I'm gonna do a solo one later and see how that goes after I get over this current cold. However, with my luck I'll do it again and wake up the next day with the flu. lol

Comment

When several people in one family get a cold virus from each other right down the line, the virus can mutate so that the first person can catch it again as a different virus. They're sneaky devvils that way. Chances are you all traded germies with each other and just got sick all over again. Don't assume it was a failure until you see whether you get sick again this winter or stay healthy.
              ------------------------

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
              - robert anton wilson -

Comment

Maybe the ritual worked ... Incompletely ... Just dumped it all on you and your friend ... Energy has to go somewhere ... You might just have been the receivers ...
                I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=1447.msg30631#msg30631 date=1296011691]
                  Maybe the ritual worked ... Incompletely ... Just dumped it all on you and your friend ... Energy has to go somewhere ... You might just have been the receivers ...
                  [/quote]
                  Hadn't thought of that one. I did later on remember that when we called on the element of water we asked it to flow into our circle and wash away all illness from our bodies. Maybe we should have stayed for the rain after all? lol

Comment

Yup ... The powers that be just might have a sense of humor after all ... Something you wanted happened, just not the way you wanted ...
                    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=1447.msg30665#msg30665 date=1296024357]
                      Yup ... The powers that be just might have a sense of humor after all ... Something you wanted happened, just not the way you wanted ...
                      [/quote]
                      I really do believe they have a sense of humor. They would almost have too.

One of the other members was thinking it could be that we were already sick and had yet to feel it and the ritual just speed up the process. There are just so many possible reasons.....so to my tarot I go! lol

Comment

[quote author=GypsySeaWitch link=topic=1447.msg30967#msg30967 date=1296162734].....so to my tarot I go! lol
                        [/quote]Swords and cups and wands ... Oh my ...

Comment

Working...
                        X