Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'What's wrong and other fixes' thread

Hmmm...
    Just throwing this out in one thread so the admins can trouble shoot or answer our questions.

1 the avatar option is not available. I don't get a choice except to not have one.
    2 no smilies options though there are smilies here somewhere.

edit. Also once you click on new posts....all the posts that are new come up. Even when I read that post. It still stays in the new post section. And..if I make a reply..it still comes up in the new posts section. Before it used to clear them out so I could continue clicking new post and only have the ones I have no read. Or is there an UNREAD button I maybe am not seeing instead?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Medusa; 01 Feb 2011, 02:28.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: The 'What's wrong and other fixes' thread

Got back in - quite different procedure than other upgrades I've been part of! Hope it all works right! I know it's never simple to do this.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I got a picture to attach to my profile but not sure if it's posting. (guess not)
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Yay, it's back!

Is there a forum style w/a light background & dark text? This mint/premium white space be killin' mah eyes.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

go to default. its the light blue like the smf forums
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
            Yay, it's back!

Is there a forum style w/a light background & dark text? This mint/premium white space be killin' mah eyes.
            At the bottom-left of almost every screen, you should see a small drop down menu. Select "Default Style". We don't have many styles installed yet but I'm hoping to get a few more soon.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

where is "replies to my posts" hiding? or is that now being replaced with "subscribed threads"?
              Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                I got a picture to attach to my profile but not sure if it's posting. (guess not)
                Profile pictures show up on your profile page, if you click on your user name and go to your profile. There is a separate avatar pic that shows up with your posts that is separate...but I'm not sure if we have gotten thru all the permissions yet, so it might be a minute if you don't see an option for it right now. We tried to focus more on getting up and running and restructured, and are trying to work the kinks out now, (think of this as the beta) lol.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  go to default. its the light blue like the smf forums
                  Oh, thank the Gods! & thank you, too!
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Congrats on getting the place up and running. Though I hope you make it so that we can have avatars again soon. It's weird not seeing the little picture under peoples' name.
                    Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Beat me to it. Lol
                        In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

What's with all the numbers that show up where an apostrophe is supposed to be?
                          Sleep, my friend, and you will see
                          That dream is my reality

Comment

Of course it's not doing on this post.
                            Sleep, my friend, and you will see
                            That dream is my reality

Comment

When we imported from the previous software, the coding wasn't the same...if we get bored and run out of things to do, we might start sifting...

But you shouldn't see it in any posts created with this software.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X