Member titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Member titles

I'm not sure what it's called exactly, but the little things that describe what kind of member we are under our screen name? I've never really understood that system. But now it's saying I'm a Sr. Member (woot! I think). And I'd kinda like to know what that means (along with all the others) and where it places me in the grand hierarchy of things.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Re: Member titles

i was wondering about this i was a hero member before and now im a copper member?
    Circe

Comment

They are post count based ranks. Whatever your post count is determines what rank title it displays. I threw something together in a pinch, but I am planning on revamping the titles eventually.

If anyone has any great ideas on what we should use, feel free to suggest them here. The only criteria I really have is keep it somewhat pagan themed.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hmmm ... Amethyst, gold, silver, copper, lead, diamond, ruby, sapphire, emerald ... Just a few ideas ...

What about on the bottom under our pics there used to be a description we could make either about ourselves or our path? ... I liked being an Olde Phartte ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Yeah. We will be taking a look at all that very soon. I'm pretty sure there's a button somewhere that'll turn that on. I just haven't gotten that far yet.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          Sneak Attack

Comment

human
            demi god
            god
            omnipotent super being
            bad ass mo fo supreme being of everything in the whole damn universe and post whore.

How's that?
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

CMFIC ??? ... Chief Mo Fo In Charge ...

Grand Exhaulted Supreme Pubah and Lord High Muckitymuck ...
              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusjinx View Post
                Hmmm ... Amethyst, gold, silver, copper, lead, diamond, ruby, sapphire, emerald ... Just a few ideas ...

What about on the bottom under our pics there used to be a description we could make either about ourselves or our path? ... I liked being an Olde Phartte ...
                You're not too far off with what we have right now. It's basically the 3 basic titles that come with most forums. Jr. Member, Member, Sr. Member. Then it goes into Copper, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum. And Addict, for those with 15k+ posts. But, I kind of what something more... I dunno. Distinct for our forum, ya know?

Oh, and your phrase under the Avatar pics. I've added that field. You may bring back your Olde Phartte whenever you please, through your edit profile options. Its just labeled Phrase instead of Description.
                Sneak Attack

Comment

I have to start my rep power all over again?!

*gets the witty remarks ready.

Comment

Neophyte
                    Acolyte
                    Adept
                    Oracle
                    ------------------------

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
                    - robert anton wilson -

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I have to start my rep power all over again?!

*gets the witty remarks ready.
                      Rep power is not even related to member titles.

And with this system, having too much negative rep is actually bad. People can get auto banned with too much neg rep. But, rep points and power is a whole nother can of worms. I'll make a topic about it in due time.
                      Sneak Attack

Comment

Thanks for the basics of it!
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

But but ...I get a lot of neg reps for good posts! What's a evil Satanist to do?

*tries to fit the halo on.

*I think my horns are poking through.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            But but ...I get a lot of neg reps for good posts! What's a evil Satanist to do?

*tries to fit the halo on.

*I think my horns are poking through.
                            Deal with it? :devil: I think the auto ban can be set to any number we choose. I've seen some forums set it to -9999999999999. That's a lot of negs. :angel:
                            Sneak Attack

Comment

:xD: I neglected to hit the show more smilies button. These are cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X