My Thoughts On Will Smith Slapped Chris Rock In The Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Thoughts On Will Smith Slapped Chris Rock In The Face

Ok on Sunday night, I was watching the Oscars on TV and I saw Will Smith slap Chris Rock in the face on Youtube because Chris Rock made a bad joke about his wife's medical condition. I know that many people have different opinions on the situation and these are my thoughts and opinions about it: I approved of Will Smith slapping Chris Rock in the face because Chris Rock was out of line for making a bad joke about Will Smith in the face and Chris Rock deserved it. That is my thoughts and opinions on it.

Re: My Thoughts On Will Smith Slapped Chris Rock In The Face

It's not nice to smack a face when one is angry.

Do it only when calm.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

as colbert said best way to hurt a comic is not to laugh not hitting them in their face

- - - Updated - - -

most comics live for that laugh like they breath and eat
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I have a rule against committing assault (even really minor assault such as this) while on national television. That said, the joke was directed at Jada. If I were in the position of having a questionable joke directed at a spouse then whether my rule about incriminating myself on national television would hold up would be affected by just how badly my spouse took the joke. I don't know (or care enough to find out) enough about Jada to assess how badly she took the joke or whether she found Will slapping someone on national television to be appropriate or more humiliating then whatever Chris Rock said.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Chris Rock was out of line for sure. But an immediate violent reaction, even a small one, is not excusable to me. Especially for someone who is an a position to set an example for others like he is.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I would have talked to Chris Rock behind the scenes. He had the right to be angry, but I would have waited till after it was over to say something.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I know this is very black and white, but IMO Chris Rock was 100% to use that cheap joke, but also Will Smith was 100% wrong to use violence. I think violence is only ever justified to save yourself or someone else from violence.
              "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Comment

IMHO

Tempest in a cheap plastic teapot.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Smith resigned from the Academy. (Now, if it was Star Fleet Academy, it might mean something......) Anyway, everyone's been on edge for a couple of years and things escalate that normally wouldn't IMO.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

fact is will lost in a game of the dozens against chris period
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

There's more to the story. I also saw the clip after the slap. He cursed Chris Rock out. I was like wow.

Comment

Hey everyone. As you may or may not have heard, the Oscars banned Will Smith for a decade. Now I heard that some people are accusing the Oscar Will Smith banned for racism. Ok let's get one thing straight here, there was no racism involved in the Will Smith ban. As fair or unfair as it may sounds, it was very reasonable for the Oscars to ban Will Smith for a decade. I wish people should stop using the race card for this unfortunate incident.
                        Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 09 Apr 2022, 17:43.

Comment

I agree that it had nothing to do with race. I'm glad he's banned. The whole thing was ridiculous and shouldn't have happened.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

In my opinion, Chris Rock got what he deserved.
                            Martina Harrison

Comment

Working...
                            X