Signature Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signature Issue

Please do not sigh if this is a clearly stupid question. I have looked until my eyeballs went red trying to find the place where I add my signature, I can't see it, sorry :=L:. Any help for Mr Thicko here would be much appreciated.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Re: Not the sharpest pin in the box (Signatures)

check site help i believe you must meet a minimum post count to enable certain features
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMere View Post
      Please do not sigh if this is a clearly stupid question. I have looked until my eyeballs went red trying to find the place where I add my signature, I can't see it, sorry :=L:. Any help for Mr Thicko here would be much appreciated.
      Setting button at the top of the page
      once you're in settings, look at the navbar along the left side of the page
      There should be an edit signature option
      It probably won't allow any form of graphic till you have 15 non-game, non-intro posts (by which I mean, posts that are not in the subforums labeled Introductions or Lols, Quizzes and Games) but iirc, you should have the setting available.

If the setting is not there then I'll investigate tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how productive I'm feeling when I get off work.
      Last edited by MaskedOne; 15 Mar 2022, 10:43.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

"If the setting is not there then I'll investigate tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how productive I'm feeling when I get off work."

I can confirm that the setting is not there. No hurry, it or I am not going anywhere. Thank you.
        "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Comment

"If the setting is not there then I'll investigate tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how productive I'm feeling when I get off work."

I can confirm that the setting is not there. No hurry, it or I am not going anywhere. Thank you.
          Alright, sigs were at some point turned off for newbies. I don't remember when precisely this occurred. I'm confident that it occurred because a few too many people attempted to use sigs to get around other restrictions and an owner got tired of it* but I don't remember the event so I'll go looking. In the meantime, it's purely a newbie restriction (I checked the registered user permissions after checking newbie) and newbie status expires at 15 posts outside of either Intro or Lols, Quizzes and Games (effectively, if the post raises the count under your avatar then it will count toward ending newbie status). You should be past the newbie restrictions relatively soon.

* The newbie usergroup exists as a countermeasure toward accounts being opened up to spread spam links, pics, etc in two or three posts and then have the original user wander off and never return. Almost every restriction imposed on the Newbie usergroup can be traced back to spammers getting too clever for their own good and circumventing site regs until admin staff ran out of patience.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Update: Sigs have been re-enabled for Newbies. The control should be where I originally described.

Comment

Thank you again for sorting this out, the 'edit signature' is now listed in my settings. I have added my signature, which I promise is neither ground breaking nor rule breaking. I owned a pagan forum for some 17 years and I kind of feel naked without it at the bottom of my posts.
              Last edited by DarkMere; 15 Mar 2022, 21:19.

Comment

Thank you again for sorting this out, the 'edit signature' is now listed in my settings. I have added my signature, which I promise is neither ground breaking nor rule breaking. I have saved the signature but just to clarify, if I am understanding correctly. They system will not display it until I am no longer in the newbie category. I owned a pagan form for some 17 years and I kind of feel naked without it at the bottom of my posts.
                Oh, it displays fine now. At least, I can see it and sigs don't generally fall in the list of things that I can see as admin and no one else can. Just don't try and add a picture or link till after you move out of newbie status. The setting was turned off for newbies but Juni and I are re-enabling it for the time being. The feeling is that if allowing sigs for new members becomes an issue then we can always turn them back off but for now we've turned them on.

Comment

Thank you Masked!
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Signature Issue

Destination Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X