This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion: Adult section??

Assuming that this is the software we're sticking with for the foreseeable future, would it be possible to bring back the Adult Section?
    Last edited by ChainLightning; 10 Feb 2011, 21:14. Reason: Changed the title - to avoid confusion.
    Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Re: Adult section

It is back. We are just in the middle of sorting out all the software and such. Don't worry everything shall settle down soon! X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

In addition to what FW said, we are also re-evaluating at the moment what it takes to get into the section. In the past, we had a certain post count required to gain access, but since everyone had to start over in October, this might not be an ideal solution at this time. We may still require post count as one factor, however, it may or may not be set quite as high as before. Details on this *will* be posted as soon as we have established a suitable criteria.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

If memory serves me right (which it does on occasion) Wasn't there a way to limit access to a section ? ... I thoiught we had to ask admin to allow access ... Like with the olde teen and adult sections ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusjinx View Post
          If memory serves me right (which it does on occasion) Wasn't there a way to limit access to a section ? ... I thoiught we had to ask admin to allow access ... Like with the olde teen and adult sections ...

Um, yeah. Different "hidden" sections had access limits imposed. People would have to be manually added to those "special" groups, like Teen or Adult, by a Mod, GM or Admin. We had post count minimums, age restrictions and other assorted requirements for the assorted groups.

It will still function like that, with someone being a sort of 'go to person' for each hidden section, including the Supporter section and things like that. We still have a lot to put into practice, like the blogs and donations page, but as Juni had indicated, elsewhere, the priority was to get this site back up and open to the members. With the Big Crash, our changing of hosts and now the software upgrade we have all had our hands full, and nobody more so than Juni.

As soon as we can comfortably manage, we will have the "old haunts" revamped and replaced. The adult section IS in existence, just needs paint. Teen section is almost finished with construction. It's happening. And it's happening, right now.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

No worries ... I can post ... I am happy ...

I figured out the albums ... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ...

I figured out the wyrd ... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ...

I figured out the meaning of life ... NOT ...
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I wasn't yet a member when this section was here before. Hope I'm old enough. LOL
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                I wasn't yet a member when this section was here before. Hope I'm old enough. LOL
                Honestly, there's wasn't much to see in there. It functioned kind of like a womyn's Moon Hut
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                  Honestly, there's wasn't much to see in there. It functioned kind of like a womyn's Moon Hut
                  And now I want a section titled "Moon Hut: Women Only". ^_^ That sounds kind of awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                    And now I want a section titled "Moon Hut: Women Only". ^_^ That sounds kind of awesome.
                    Yeah, but it's gotta be 'WomYn Only'.

Or is it 'WYmen'? Maybe WYmYn?

Ooh, wait, no... now I remember.

Womben Only!
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

*runs, screaming, into the void

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I want access to the adult section when it opens back up. I miss the adult section.

Perhaps we can put it as "vimmen only", like in the movie "for richer or poorer", the way that omish dude pronounced "women."
                        I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
                        I became Abdishtar this spring.
                        Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

I stopped at a cafe once that had 'Pointers' and 'Setters' on the restroom doors.

Any other suggestions, I can think of, are all rather vulgar. Except "Innies" and "Outties".

Comment

Moon Hut? ... I think us fellers have made MOONING a fine art ... Not that a female full moon is something that I would look away from ...

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                              *runs, screaming, into the void
                              ROFL

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                              I stopped at a cafe once that had 'Pointers' and 'Setters' on the restroom doors.
                              I would have had to stand there and wait for a man or woman to enter or exit either door because I don't know what those terms mean.

XD

Also, I once visited a restaurant that had "Men" and "Women" on the doors, but when you were in the bathroom and looked back at the door, it had the opposite sex on the door. While I was washing my hands, I saw in the mirror the inside of the door said "Men" and before I realized there were no urinals and it was a mean trick, my heart almost fell out of my chest.

Comment

Working...
                              X