I'm just so tired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just so tired.

I'm always tired, doesn't matter how much sleep i get or don't get, doesn't matter what time i go to bed or get up, how much exercise i do or whether i sit on my ass all day. Anyone have any advice to help boost energy? I don't know if its because i don't drink enough or i don't eat enough fruit and vegetables or whether its a physical problem. I wanna try other things before i go to the doctors to test for physical problems. (sorry its all one paragraph, i'm posting on my phone and can't do paragraph spaces.)

Re: I'm just so tired.

You should really go to the doctor! I know it's tempting to try other things but fatigue like that is a big symptom of a lot of things and you should get a blood test.

You're probably just anemic (I had the same thing when I was 23 and I was anemic, and when I don't take iron I still get like that), but a blood test will sort that out too and your doctor will have some good tips about how to beat it through nutrition as well as supplements.

Comment

I agree with Danie! Do you eat alot of sugar or carbs? I know those can cause fatigue if your ingesting too much of it

Comment

If you know you are eating right, getting enough rest, exercising, etc...then go to the doctor--
        *tired* (that soul-weary fatique) is my fist indicator that I need my thyrioid medication adjusted...fatigue can be a huge symptom of lots of things wrong (but too many to pinpoint anything specific--most of them are minor to treat, but not good if you let them go). If you *don't* know that you are doing all of those things properly, start a journal to track it, and make an appointment for the doc anyway--maybe he/she'll have some pointers...and at least you can rule anything else out. If you know for a fact that you aren't doing those things, start a journal, make a plan, and start following your plan and tracking your following of that plan until you get an appointment with your doc...for the same reason as above.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I've been like this for a while now. I need to get back to the gym. Or get over the long ass work weekends.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm so sorry sweets. Thal is right. Definitely go to the doctor. There are many things it could be. Do you have any other symptoms? I, too, went through a period several years ago when I was tired all the time and when I finally dragged myself to the doctor I turned out to have a thyroid disorder. Not meaning to cause you any concern, but don't take it lightly. It could very well be nothing more than a dietary deficiency, but you won't know until you go see a doctor and have a blood panel done. Hugs!

Comment

More support for going to the doc....you'll feel better if you do!

Best of luck, hon!
              Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

I know how you feel. :/ I'd also suggest going to the doctor if you can, they may not be able to do anything (I seem to have stumped my doctor) but they can rule out some health problems, and probably make some suggestions if nothing like that is wrong.
                Hearth and Hedge

Comment

First try adjusting your diet ... Watch the carbs and sugars ... Step up the veggies and non-red meats ... I find that eating morning and noon to work best for me ... Night eating really tires me out ...
                  I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I would definitely say go to the doc. Depending on how long this has been going on, it could be any number of things.

I hope you feel better soon, sweetie.
                    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

As usual, I have to agree Magusjinx. But also, look at what's going on in your life. If you are depressed, fatigue is common. Ask yourself what else is going on--a recent breakup, death of a loved one, problems at work, etc. Look for the root cause. If you cannot find something going on in your life that could cause this, definitely see a Doctor.
                      Sleep, my friend, and you will see
                      That dream is my reality

Comment

I used to sleep too much and it made me tired... try cutting back on sleep. I used to be able to sleep 10 hours but I function a lot better on about 7.
                        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

I actually nix the non-red meats thing. If you're anemic (which you could be) that will help you even less.

But the only way you can know if it's anemia or another minor problem is a blood test!

Comment

Thanks for all your replies and advice guys, i went to the doctors yesterday and they advised a blood test, like you guys did, only thing is they only do blood tests between 9am and 1pm, which is when i'm at work with no one available to cover for a few weeks (my sister'll finish her placement soon so she'll be able to cover). I usually get between 7and 8hrs of sleep, and as far as i'm aware i'm not depressed and there have been no real changes in my life except having to move back to my parents house last year, which is stressful to say the least, as i'm sure some of you know once you've had the freedom of living by yourself its hard to go back to living by someone else's rules. And thinking about it, i looked after my friends flat the other week and i was fine, woke up bang on 7am every day with no problems. Unfortunately my finances won't allow me to get a place of my own yet. I'm also trying to just eat fruit and vegetables before 4pm, to see how i feel, and after 4pm have a cooked dinner of chicken and pasta or something, similar. I'm also hauling my ass back to the gym. I know exercise is supposed to make you more energized, and it used to, but i haven't had the energy to go recently, ah what a vicious circle lol. Thanks again for all your advice and replies, and once again i apologise for lack of paragraph breaks due to my stupid phone.
                            Last edited by Almost_lost; 09 Feb 2011, 03:34.

Comment

I hope you start to feel better soon.
                              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Working...
                              X