Ask an amateur necromancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask an amateur necromancer

Pretty much that's it. I chose to put the thread here because while it can encompass divination necromancy has many other uses. So ask away or put in your two cents either way
    Circe

Re: Ask an amateur necromancer

Could you start with a brief description of what necromancy is to you, and what some of your practices involve?
    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Necromancy is the art thee summoning/calling of spirits and/or astral bodies. From the greek words "necros" corpse and "makala" (sp?)divination. The definition is not to be taken literal corpse refers only to the central aspect of necromancy, death. The word necromancy then means divination by means of the dead, unfortunately this definition is only partially correct. Necromancy is almost an umbrella term used to describe any death magic, the only qualifications are that the craft in question must be related to the condition of the soul and employ "death energy" (a term that I don't like but is nonetheless appropriate)

Necromancers may call forth shades, call forth infernal creatures(because of their close relations and similarity to the shades), employ necromatic hexes, and several other things. I have found necromancy is highly adapable, death energy being more or less a drain or a source for most other types of energy allows it to be combined in innumerable different ways with everything from healing to elemental working. Most necromancy is done in a ritualistic fashon, furthermore true necromancy is only done under the power of the necromancer. To elaborate true necromancers will not envoke deities or other being for their craft but will call and controll the spirits and their like under their own power and force of will.

It is not nessicarry however to do necromatic spells or even the calling of gheists in a ritualistic fashon or barrier (though it is recommended). An individual with suitable connections to the realm of the dead can do all manner of things without the use of a ritual. The ultimate goal of many necromancers is to attain "the lich state" or a state of unlife (much like undead done in reverse) which is a state of haveing as much connection to the realm of the dead as physically possibly while maintaining a physical body and the spark of life. Seasoned necromancers are easily regenizable they are usually thin and ravonus looking with stoic demeanors and sometimes a slightly sosiopathic tendency.

While a necromancer may seem physically fragile do not be fooled for those who are cautious have retained their health and gained the benefits certain things may occur. Necromancers become more powerful with each spell.

I went and wrote a book well I hope that answered some questions though it probably brought up more
      Circe

Comment

Fascinating! I always wondered what a necromancer was. Thanks.
        Is it something you can train for (learn), or is it something that you either have or don't have?
        Sleep, my friend, and you will see
        That dream is my reality

Comment

Yes it can be learned belive it or not all living things have death in them and the cultivation of the death energy is a basic point in mecromancy. It no doubt helps to have an afinity for spirits or the soul ( I belive I have an affinity for the soul). Just keep in mind all power has a price with every act of necromancy the levels of "death energy" in your spirit grow which in turn makes the necromancer more in tune with the realm of the dead and therefore more powerful. It is perfectly possible to be healthy and have high levels of death energy but you will always feel it there and my research and experiments indicate that this is irriversable.

I theorize there is a related art to necromancy which acts as its anthesis. My theory is based on the principe of duality life and death coexsist in every liveing (and sometimes once.living) thing. I suspect necromancy is merely a.half to a much more.powerful art my I have yet to significantly and satisfactory test my theories though.
          Circe

Comment

Thank you. Where can I learn more?
            That dream is my reality

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              An individual with suitable connections to the realm of the dead can do all manner of things without the use of a ritual.
              So what sparked your interest in necromancy, or have you always had a "suitable connection" to this realm?

I honestly know NOTHING about necromancy and probably have a slew of preconceived notions about what it is, so I'm really curious now. How have you personally benefited from necromancy, if you don't mind me asking?

Is this an art/form of magick (not sure what the right terminology is here) that is represented across many cultures and spiritual beliefs?

Comment

Originally posted by ravenferret View Post
                So what sparked your interest in necromancy, or have you always had a "suitable connection" to this realm?

I honestly know NOTHING about necromancy and probably have a slew of preconceived notions about what it is, so I'm really curious now. How have you personally benefited from necromancy, if you don't mind me asking?

Is this an art/form of magick (not sure what the right terminology is here) that is represented across many cultures and spiritual beliefs?
                I have an affinity for the soul which is the medium through which necromancy is preformed in its most basic forms. Necromancy in the most basic possible form is belived to predate modern religeon. It is at least 9,000 years old but is more likely much older. Death has fascinated humans since we evolved, and the disire to interact with the lost is debatably engrained into our dna as social primates. Necromatic practices in various forms under various names appear in every culture on the planet earth.

Magic or magick is the use of will and imagination to shape the force of energy present within sentient beings. So necromancy is magick. Obviously different methods and techniques have arisn across the globe but they all fall under necromancy either a deity assited form or more commonly true necromancy. My personal benefits are interesting.

A necromancer of a sufficient power can call and enslave a spirit slave(commomly refered to zombies) I am considering this and I have multiple spirits (I doubt they were ever human though) which seem to have taken a likeing to me and to be honest they are such faint weak things I could probably wink them out of exsistence. I send them on errends and I experement on them. Necromancy has made me heal much faster and afforded me interesting powers. I have grown to such a level that I no longer need a ritual to do all but the most complex spells. Generally necromancy itself has given me few benifets rather its applications have the potential to do nearly anything.

As I said necromancy can be mixed with almost any other magic. Death energy produced and shaped by a necromancer is heavy, almost sufacateing, dark energy released and uncontrolled it is harmful to many creatures with and without physical bodies so it is an excellent defense tool. The death energy used by a psychic vampire like myself allows for a myriad of possibilities, the most major of which being reduced energy craveings and the employment of spirits to gather energy for me. Does that help?

Calfhill if you are going to proceed down this path be sure of you intentions and be warned. This site is excellent but has some relatively obvious inconsistencies but is quite informative

Don't bother with googleing necromancy you only get game stuff. Try searching lisa leagh harp well she a world renowned modern necromancer who many belive to be the reincarnation of the famed dr.dee
                Circe

Comment

Thanks for the link, but understand that this is new for me. What is "relatively obvious inconsistencies" to you, might not be obvious to me. Can I contact you if I get confused?
                  That dream is my reality

Comment

Sure anyone can contact me via pm or email or skype. Different parts of the site disagree with one another as if multiple people made it. Im going to bed now feel free to send messages and post more questions ill answer in the morning.
                    Circe

Comment

This is a highly exaggerated site but is more or less correct http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/tomekee...ecromancy.html just downplay everything abit.
                      Circe

Comment

Okay if there is a demand for it I will explain each type of necromancy (divinary, seritor creating, vampiric, transcarnate, necromatic hexes and afew others) do you want me to explain them all and how to do them?
                        Circe

Comment

Could you give an example of one of your (simple) rituals? So we can see your way of working
                          Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                            Okay if there is a demand for it I will explain each type of necromancy (divinary, seritor creating, vampiric, transcarnate, necromatic hexes and afew others) do you want me to explain them all and how to do them?
                            Could you start with a simple description of the different types? Too much info in one go and my head may explode!
                            http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
                              Could you start with a simple description of the different types? Too much info in one go and my head may explode!
                              I figured that ill start with the basics then m move on the more complicated.

Originally posted by ghosthaunter View Post
                              Could you give an example of one of your (simple) rituals? So we can see your way of working
                              Absolutely. Necromancy has several forms and subdivisions, the brand I practice is soul necromancy. The form has nothing to do with what is done in the ritual but how it is achieved. Thee rituals and spells vary depending on what you are attempting to achive, furthermore not all necromancy involves the spirits of the dead. All necromancy uses death essence but not all uses spirits of the dead. There are countless ways to do necromancy, but my methods are of a europeanized version with additions from other cultures. Different types of necromancy can have drastically different rituals. Once attaining a certain level a ritual isn't even nessicarry.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

The Basics Of Necromancy

Necromancy. The original death magic. The art has many forms and divisions, the particular kind I practice is soul necromancy or the use of the soul as a medium and in combination with death essence.

This is a dark art which is both powerful and holds its own prices. The danger is what is expected from the channeling and use of death essence, premature ageing, aches and pains, sicklyness. There are methods to deal with thease side effects but there is always a price to any power.

To start with we must know what is death? Death has been variously personified as gods and goddesses, angels and spirits. While some necromatic practices make deals or ask assitence from theses creatures, I can not see it as true necromancy. Death is not a single god or spirit, its personifications such as the angel of doom or the reaper are simply (in my opinion) necromamcers themselves who reside usually in the realm of the dead. Death itself is not a god or a spirit it is a force, a vital part of nature. Death essence or the force that is death is the base energy for all necromatic practices.

The necromancer is the vessel or rather its director. The necromancer is master he/she bends the powers of death to his/her will. Death essence is the force which is decay, and rot, and death, it is the essence of death and is found in all living things.

It has long been accepted that to use spirits in necromancy effectively they must be controlled not asked. Popular conseptions about necromancers range from they behead goats(which some.do) to they are necrophiliacs which has nothing to do with necromancy.

Myths aside the first goal of a necromancer is to become accustomed to death and to recignize death energy, this can be done by visting places where death abounds such as haunted houses, funerals, cemeteries, morgues and their like. To be a necromancer one must regignize death.

The fundimentals of necromancy come in a relatively simple checklist (courtesy of ars falcis)

1. Transcendental Meditation --Intuitively, do you 'know' what death essence feels like? Not simply a bodily reaction or imagined sensation, but are you attuned to the movements of the power of death on command?
                              2. Thanatoic Sensitivity --Do you have the ability to 'know' when death is nearby? Does a sick person intuitively seems any different than a healthy one? There should be a difference, but, once again, it is not the product of an over-active imagination.
                              3. Information Corruption --Is information that has been adapted from life arts still coherent for necromantic purposes? Is the information still useful once corrupted?
                              4. Eidolonic Sensitivity --Can you sense the presence of intelligences of the netherworld? Spirits of the dead and netherworld geists of all kinds traverse this world as well. Have you trained necromantic intuition to the point that these things can be felt spontaneously?
                              5. Vampiric Sensitivity --Do you positively sense a strong correlation between the condition of the ethereal body and the material body? Does a change in the condition of the soul of someone nearby set your necromantic abilities ablaze?
                              6. Lichform Sensitivity --Can you affect your own health or sense changes in your own health status without relying on physical signs? Are you "in touch" with the ethereal movements around you?

Thease are the basics acquired with hard work and practice but not all are absolutely nessicary. This is a very complex explanation of the different forms of necromancy http://www23.brinkster.com/falcis/sp...ml#fundamental I will be giving a dumbed down version of each of thease and afew other subjects. Any questions?
                              Last edited by Corvus; 11 Feb 2011, 14:09.
                              Circe

Comment

Working...
                              X