This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacifist or ??? ...

This thread was in the previous and I figured I might as revive it for the benifit of those new to the forum ...

What scenario(s) would cause you to take the life of another person? ...

What scenario(s) would cause you to resort to physical aggression with a chance of death for another ? ...

Have you ever taken someones life? ...

Have you ever used aggressive physical force on another person, as opposed to merely restraining them ...

If you were to use deadly force, would you use a weapon? ...

Do you think you could use a weapon? ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Re: Pacifist or ??? ...

I'm not quite sure this is in the 'pagan' section, but I'll answer...

What scenario(s) would cause you to take the life of another person?
    If my life was in danger or someone I deemed worthy of saving their life AND the option to FLEE LIKE THE WIND was not available.
    What scenario(s) would cause you to resort to physical aggression with a chance of death for another ? ...
    Same thing. Though to cause me to use physical aggression? Hmm...if I was all hormonal and I kept asking you to leave me alone..you could end up with a good kick or slap to the face if you don't listen up.

Have you ever taken someones life?
    I think I killed an armadillo by running it over. But nope.

Have you ever used aggressive physical force on another person, as opposed to merely restraining them
    I've been in fights as a teenager. But as an adult. Not really. My hiss seems to get people to knock stuff off before it gets crazy. Of course mosh pits of Slipknot and Pantera DO NOT count.

If you were to use deadly force, would you use a weapon?
    I'd always imagined me using my bear hands to throttle the neck until they died. I just would grab, shake and never let go.

Do you think you could use a weapon?
    Yes. Of course as a woman, this could mean my purse or high heel.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by magusjinx View Post
      This thread was in the previous and I figured I might as revive it for the benifit of those new to the forum ...

Self defense or defending a loved one, as a last resort.

No.

Have you ever used aggressive physical force on another person, as opposed to merely restraining them ...
      No. (I've never had to restrain anyone, either...)

If a weapon, or something to use as a weapon was available, yes.

Yes.
      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

So in conclusion thus far? Don't f with Medusa or Gardenia.:slap:
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I put this here because one general assumption about "Pagans" is they/we are like the olde hippies, pacifists ...

I supposed I should answer my own questions ...

The imminent life taking of someone that I felt had more of a reason to live ...
          See above but without the need for death ... Or someone kicking a dog or kid or female ...
          Yup ...
          Yup ...
          You betcha ... They are not going to get within arms reach of me if I can help it ...
          See above ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

If someone hurt my brothers or someone I loved... but mostly my brothers.

If someone tried to hurt me/rape me. You use the force that comes to you in that instant and if it causes there death then they shouldn't have went for me.

NO.

Do fights at school count?

No because I don't carry one.

Yes I think so.
            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

What scenario(s) would cause you to take the life of another person?
              I could help someone commit suicide. Accidents do also happen. Luckily for everyone out there on the road, I don't drive (no depth perception - changing lanes is alarming for everyone involved).

What scenario(s) would cause you to resort to physical aggression with a chance of death for another ?
              I'm relatively apathetic about my own life, but there are just some times when I don't want to be physically touched. A would-be mugger found that out the hard way - I didn't mortally injure him, but human bites are prone to infection, so there's that. If he'd just stuck a gun or knife in my back, he would have been fine, but he wrapped his hand around my face so I wouldn't scream. Bad move.

Have you ever taken someones life?
              Not yet. I tell my husband that when he gets old & decrepit, he'll never see it coming.

Have you ever used aggressive physical force on another person, as opposed to merely restraining them?
              I used to get into physical altercations all the time. I was a fat girl who knew how to use weight to her advantage. If I could sit on someone, or pin them against a wall, I could smack them around for a good long while. I learned the trick from a grouchy horse. She'd pin you against the stall wall & stomp your feet or reach around & bite you in the head. Or just keep leeeeeaaaannning. Eventually, no one tried to jump me after school or in the hallways between classes or before class, so I had to start fights for entertainment - and they'd wait til I was too winded from chasing them to fight back >

If you were to use deadly force, would you use a weapon?
              If I had one handy. I don't normally carry a weapon with me, so unless it's a home-invasion thing, chances are I'd be unarmed.

Do you think you could use a weapon?
              I can use a gun, either a handgun or a shotgun/rifle. Would I use it? Probably not because of that whole apathy thing.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Protection of self or if they provoked the wrong part of my personality too far

Provocation.

Came close, but had enough time to go "do I really want to go to jail over this?" and didn't.

Yes

I would use whatever I could get my hands on, if nothing else available I would go hand-to-hand.

Yes, I have a few for hobby.
                -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
                (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

Scenerio?

Somebody making a threat - to me or somebody I care about - who seems (in my judgement) to be willing to carry it out.

Taken somebody's life?

Nope.

Used physical agression?

Not since I was a kid.

Use a weapon?

Yup - if it comes to a point whee killing is necessary, it's not a game. Any available weapon is fair.

Could you use a weapon?

Oh yeah... I could use a weapon...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm actually a very aggressive person. It's something I'm working on. As to the questions:

There is already someone I have vowed to kill... Whether I could go through with it I'm not too sure. As for why... Something I'd rather not discuss.

Protecting my siblings or my loves.

No.

Yes. I have gotten angry and lashed out with physical force. I have also attacked my brother when he was attacking me (he is far too big for me to restrain)

I have used my fingernails, does that count? I own pepper spray. I have never used it, but I feel better for having it.

I know how to use a fake weapon in stage combat. The skills are trasnferable to using a stick to hit vital spots. It's amazing how much stage combat can teach you about real combat! And now I can swing a heavy stick with one hand!

Comment

I have no idea. Because at the end of the day what I think doesn't matter until I am in that situation. And then I'll know. Sweet old granny or not, I might 'think' I would be reasonable and calm, but there is a niggling doubt that I would go absolutely crackers if the situation demanded.

Or as the old saying goes.... there's snow on the mountain, but there's fire underneath.
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Primarily, lethal force is an option if I think it may be used against me or someone under my protection. It's also an option in specific circumstances where my freedom of action is being restrained too far without the weight of law. I.E. I reserve the right to kill would-be kidnappers with or without believing they are threat to my life. They can become a threat later and cooperation can give them greater control and decrease my odds.

I don't as a rule believe in fighting for low stakes. If I'm coming at you in a way that might kill you then my intent is to kill you and the required provocation is listed above.

no

Yes. I don't believe in fighting for honor or fighting fair. Anything and everything is a valid tool once the fight starts. That said, while I have access to purpose built weaponry very easily, I don't normally keep them on me so any weapon is liable to be improvised. Well, unless the aggressor is dumb enough to break into my grandmother's home but if that happens, I'm the least of their worries and they will be leaving in a bag one way or another.

I think I'd prefer not to be in a situation where I have to find out but my hope would be yes since the stakes where I'd consider it mean I don't really have any good options left.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Protecting my Family and home, we look out for each other, attack, or hurt my family, you better be able to run. fast. Invade my home, i will defend it, simple.

As above, i will protect my family, and home. If i saw an innocent person being attacked, i would like to think i would intervene, maybe not to kill though.

No, though i have had to put a couple of pets down when they were terminal.

Yes, when i was at Uni, i took down one of the Uni's Rugby 2nd row first team because he crossed me on the wrong day ( just got back from my Grandmothers funeral and found my then girlfriend in bed with my supposed best mate!) it took 4 people to pull me off him. i am not a big guy but i am scary and powerful when angry. nowadays i go by the philosophy " It isn't winning a fight that matters, it is getting your opponent on the floor bleeding at your feet as soon as possible"

If one was available, then again, everything around you is a potential weapon
                          As above, everything is a potential weapon, invade my home, i may well be chasing you down the road with a Khopesh in hand!

M
                          In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

As I cannot figure out how to quote with answers inbetween....

I would only use deadly force if my loved one was in danger of dying. I probably could not kill to protect a stranger or even myself, but don't mess with my kids.
                            I have never taken a life , and will happily leave this world never having taken one.

Could/would I use a weapon? I have no idea. I have never even held a gun, I am good with a knife, but only in the kitchen. I am a descent shot with a bow and arrow, but only at targets; I have never hunted or killed an animal on purpose. (vehicular accidents happen )

So I guess I am a Pagan Pacifist
                            What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Celest View Post
                              As I cannot figure out how to quote with answers inbetween....
                              I copy and paste the things in brackets before and after each question ... Then write my answers in between ...

Comment

Working...
                              X