This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoroastrian pagan

hi , i'm a newb here so i don't yet know what is going on . you'll have to give me a break . :-)
    i have been on a bit of a search lately and i have been told that the title Zoroastrian pagan is what i am . i am however not happy with labels in general but it seems to fit so i'll use it for now.
    i was just wondering what the rest of you pagans feel about Zoroastrians . please give me any thoughts that you have , open and honest comments would be welcome .
    also what are your thoughts on Dr Francis Lefebure who is linked in a way to Zoroastrianism and something called Phosphenism .

Re: Zoroastrian pagan

I don't know anything about Zoroastrian Paganism but would be interested in learning more if you were interested in sharing some info?
    http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

All I've heard is that Zoroastor started the whole good vs evil deity concept. If there is an all good God, there must be an all evil one as well. It's a question of balance.
      Sleep, my friend, and you will see
      That dream is my reality

Comment

This provide a basic overview on Zoroastrianism. The sect is small enough that I doubt most Pagans have encountered it to form a solid opinion one way or another. Zoroastrian Pagan as a term is something I frown on. I've only encountered it as a possible end result of an online quiz and it misrepresents some rather important parts of Zoroastrianism. Zoroastrians exist, they are there own sect, predating most (if not all) modern sects commonly referred to as Pagan and I see no great need to attach the Pagan label to them in anything except the broadest possible terms until they choose it for themselves.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

There is a wealth of information and texts on Zoroastrianism at:
          Zoroastrianism, Avesta, scripture, Ahura Mazda, Angra Mainyu, myths, rituals, good and evil, dualism, religion, religious, millenium prophecies, Middle Persian, Pahlavi texts, Zarathushtra, Zarathustra, Zartosht, Zartushti, weddings, baby names.

Really good site, and very informative. I'd shy away from wikipedia though. I've tried to clean up pages on things, and found them changed right back to nonsense.
          I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
          I became Abdishtar this spring.
          Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

Thanks, I don't think I've come across that site before and I've been looking into Zoroastrianism off and on for a couple months now.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hello. Welcome.

Would you like to maybe post an intro in the section telling us a little about yourself as well? I would love to hear more about your walk of paganism. I've never heard of it. X
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I dunno. I had heard a while ago that the two principal forces in Zoroastrianism, Ahura Mazda and Ahriman were actually both presented as equals before the influence of other religions. One was just the creative principle, the other, the destructive. I dunno how accurate this is, but be warned that this perspective exists.

Ahriman is also a favorite of some theistic Satanists who don't want to be so friggin blatant that they're worshiping something that the rest of the world has decided is evil.
                "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
                http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
                "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
                http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
                "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
                http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Comment

That seems to be a really interesting belief. I've always looked the concept of balance, chaos and order, creation and destruction. I'll have to look more into this
                  Do we have any resident Zoroastrian pagans?

Comment

Working...
                  X