This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it what you make it?

i think im a pagan. well, to the best of my knowledge of it's definition, for label sake.
    i'm pantheistic and also practice the craft.
    i guess i'm eclectic? i dunno. i don't really focus on deities that much. i just do magick here and there and i try to celebrate the turning of the seasons, the moons, etc. i make things that i find outside. it helps to attune me to the divinity in nature as well as remind me that nature provides all that we need. the rest is up to us. i try to pay homage to nature in my own way i guess. my manner of creating spells is very spontaneous and personal. Recently I made a rune symbol using fallen branches. The symbol stood for protection. I focused my intent on the protective forces in nature, seen or unseen, to protect me, my family, my well being, etc and after visualizing this, I hung it in my yard from a tree. I believe that if you believe something has power, it will. I have to say...even tho i'm not sure EXACTLY how to put my personal beliefs into a box, I do love the fact that my spirituality is my own. Not dogmatic, it's more experential. Anyway, i'm new here and still learning. I always will be. Hi.

Re: is it what you make it?

Welcome, greenwood01. Blessings and hoping you have a nice experience here. We are happy to see someone with your name here. We are new also. Namaste
    Love is the centre of all things. Fear is the destroyer of beauty and lives. Anything a despot can do to a people, humanity and community can heal and undo.

"Life is too short to worry about the little things. Better to let the moms of the world do that. They are great at it." - Madelyn Alt

Comment

Originally posted by verlignus View Post
      Welcome, greenwood01. Blessings and hoping you have a nice experience here. We are happy to see someone with your name here. We are new also. Namaste

thanks for the warm wishes! hope you have a great experience here as well! welcome to you.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

I'd also like to add that I don't actually celebrate the moons, as my original thread implied but since I practice the Craft, I use the phases of the moon to help carry out my magick. Btw I say all of this out of great humbleness for I am learning but am slowly feeling the sigh of happiness at everything i'm learning.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

I think you'll find a lot of different paths and perspectives on here.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Welcome. I wouldn't worry too much about a label. Figure out what you believe first and eventually you'll find a name for it. People tend to put too much effort into finding a neat classification. Then again I've claimed insanity as a religion for the majority of my time here and I was claiming Jedi when I wasn't going for insanity. Not everyone looks at the religion field as a "what description provides me the most entertainment" field.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            Welcome. I wouldn't worry too much about a label. Figure out what you believe first and eventually you'll find a name for it. People tend to put too much effort into finding a neat classification. Then again I've claimed insanity as a religion for the majority of my time here and I was claiming Jedi when I wasn't going for insanity. Not everyone looks at the religion field as a "what description provides me the most entertainment" field.
            A very good point MaskedOne. I think that generalising does help however because many people need that branch to grab as they are swimming in the tide of muddied spiritual waters.
            Love is the centre of all things. Fear is the destroyer of beauty and lives. Anything a despot can do to a people, humanity and community can heal and undo.

"Life is too short to worry about the little things. Better to let the moms of the world do that. They are great at it." - Madelyn Alt

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
              Welcome to the forum!

I think you'll find a lot of different paths and perspectives on here.
              Thanks! That's why I signed up.

Comment

Welcome to the both of you, Verlingus and Greenwood01. In a way, It is what you make of it, Your label is given to you by you and only you, If you even want one, so I wouldn't worry too much
                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Thank you for your welcome
                  I've personally found it to be more liberating to not get caught up so much trying to find terms that match what we believe. I kinda feel like in my head and in my heart I know. I think if I had to go far enough to label it all, i'd be creating a big mess. lol

Comment

greenwood01 Your beliefs sound very similar to mine. I don’t really prayer to gods/goddesses, I don’t believe in them and simply see nature as the divine - I have a very broad belief in what the divine/force is. And it is this I work with - the energy of nature - plants, found materials etc. I'm a witch and I see myself has leaning towards traditional witchcraft as my practice mainly includes a lot from British folklore - the cunning man/women and just the everyday folk practices of my ancestors. My craft is very simple and my own - if i want to use something and feels right to me, I will use it. As much as I feel that my beliefs and practice leans towards traditional witchcraft I am beginning to feel that I am just a witch - someone who practices spell craft and follows natures ways as closely as possible - end of.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

I also work with my ancestors and spirits of the land, which for me feels very land based and earthy. I like to keep my practice simple. I hate elobrate cermonial rituals. Sometimes a cup of herbal tea is a little ritual to me. I agree labels are not important, its what feels right to you thats important.

Comment

Working...
                    X