• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted cats - the next big thing

$15000 to have your cat painted?

Well, they do look good:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/paintedcats.asp

OK, so it's a hoax. But they still look good...

And, if you want to look around the site a bit, here's some interesting photos which were used on ebay to sell some very normal items (warning - may not be work safe!):

http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/kettle.asp

^ those are for real. Don't buy from this guy.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Painted cats - the next big thing

LMFAO!!

Comment

LOL!

Why are these people taking pictures while they're nekid?
      What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[quote author=Celest link=topic=377.msg4895#msg4895 date=1287514875]
        Why are these people taking pictures while they're nekid?
        [/quote]

Charitable - he's nudist, and didn't even think about the weirdness of it.

Not Charitable - He's a pervy and gets some kind of ill thrill out of it.

But it's not even like he's attractive or something...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Did i read that right? PAINTED cats? not photoshop or dye? PAINT?! LOL
          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Haha.

And Amelia, follow the link! Tis a hoax dolly.
            X
            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

oh.... -Feels stupid- oops
              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Don't feel too bad Amelia-- I picked up a stray in my home town that had been "painted", they died the poor thing pink. Literally.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

[quote author=Shahaku link=topic=377.msg5248#msg5248 date=1287592941]
                  Don't feel too bad Amelia-- I picked up a stray in my home town that had been "painted", they died the poor thing pink. Literally.
                  [/quote]

What in Britain?! Cause I heard about that on the news. Poor kitty... X
                  "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

The stray I picked up was in my hometown and is was a puppy.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Ok maybe not the same thing. A copy cat? (no pun intended). X

Comment

It doesn't hurt animals to be dyed with some dyes. A friend of mine when I was in high school would have her fluffy white cat Velcro shaved like a lion in the summer (mane, tail pom and foot poms lol) and she would use Jell-o or Kool Aid to dye his tail fluff green. He didn't seem to mind...or notice. haha
                        If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
                        --Douglas Adams (RIP)

http://corvuscorvidae.tumblr.com/ My Bloggerriffic Blogtastic Blo

Comment

[quote author=corvus_corvidae link=topic=377.msg5332#msg5332 date=1287614783]
                          It doesn't hurt animals to be dyed with some dyes. A friend of mine when I was in high school would have her fluffy white cat Velcro shaved like a lion in the summer (mane, tail pom and foot poms lol) and she would use Jell-o or Kool Aid to dye his tail fluff green. He didn't seem to mind...or notice. haha
                          [/quote]

Yeah - one of my white cats once got his tail into something (probably Kool Aid) and it turned pink for about a week. It was actually kind of cute.

Comment

Hehehe. My grandmother is obsessed with cats and we got her that book as a present!
                            The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

I lost track long ago of how many pets (dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, horses) I have been involved with coloring ... Usually bought up Halloween hair dyes after Halloween and saved them for the kids in the neighborhood for use on pet day in school or some such pet parade for 4-H or something ...
                              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                              X