Playing with science!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing with science!

Thoreau once wrote "Shall we forever resign the pleasure of construction to the carpenter?"

I get the same feeling about science.

If you want to play with science right in your own home, here's a place to find some interesting experiments you can do. This would be fun to do with kids, but let's not leave all the fun to them either...

http://phlebotomytechnicianschools.c...can-do-at-home

As added bonus is that some of these experiments involve fire...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Playing with science!

That's why I love my PopSci subscription so much. Lots of DIY stuff there, along w/bleeding-edge technology. And you don't have to be a math whiz to enjoy it.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Fire??? Then I'll keep it all away from Mr Penry who doesn't need any excuse to build a bonfire of massive proportions....

That said, I would love to play with science. Unfortunately science does not play fair with me. Even in school I used to have test tubes explode and once burnt the sleeve off my science overalls with acid....
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Well, things don't always go right in science, Tylluan.

Click on the link I gave you, and watch the video of the condom rocket. That doesn't go quite right either, but it's still fun...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Shall do!
          Sometimes things go wrong in science deliberately too.... one of my uncles blew up his classroom after a particularly boring lessing by filling the china inkwells with gunpowder!
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I was always interested in Chemistry, and how thing's work, and how to create . It's amazing how you can create or do thing's with the simplest everyday items.

Comment

LOL - yup - pour some vinegar into warm milk and watch it turn into plastic...

Comment

I'm a science whizz 8D Chemistry especially
                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
                X