This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagan Magazines.

Does anyone know of any good Pagan magazines? Doesn't matter what type of Paganism specifically...just curious to see whats out there.
    "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

Re: Pagan Magazines.

There is Green Egg,it is online and free.Used to be a subscription but now you can downliad issues as PDF.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Anything in print? I have difficulty reading off a screen for any length of time?
      "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

Comment

It used to be a paper Mag,but you might be able to print it if you have a good printer.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I can read for hours and hours if im holding a book or a magazine. But I just can't seem to read off a screen for any length of time. Guess thats why I'll never have a Kindle.

Comment

I agree,reading on screen can be hard,also why I don;t have a Kindle.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

What about Witchcraft and Wicca Magazine (you need to go to the Children of Artemis website to order a copy). ? It's published about twice a year, (I write for it too!) and you can always order back copies. It's a beautifullly produced magazine and covers a wide range of topics and authors.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

You're British right? Then maybe I can help. The two leading generic pagan magazines here are Pagan Dawn, which is the official journal of the Pagan Federation and The Cauldron, which is an independent glossy.

Pagan Dawn, which comes out quarterly, is a rather drab looking mag, but nonetheless has some interesting articles in. The most valuable part is what are known as 'the green pages'. The green pages are in the middle of the journal and list groups, moots and events in various areas around the country. It's kind of a way to help us get more connected. You don't have to join the PF to subscribe to the magazine, but subscription is included in membership.

The Cauldron is a colourful glossy magazine that is usually available in New Age stores. It's slightly more leaning towards the Wicca/witchcraft crowd, but it contains plenty for Pagans of other paths.

Then possibly the most popular of all and unashamedly aimed only at witches, is 'Witchcraft and Wicca'. This is a small but full colour magazine that is produced by The Children of Artemis. Despite being a witch myself, I am not too impressed by this one. It is full of adverts for gothic style clothing and pointlessly elaborate ritual tools. The photos are invariably always of gothic looking teens with moody expressions holding brooms or staring at candles. I have nothing against witches being goths too, but as a stereotype, it is just annoying. The articles are rarely mind blowing either. This is just my opinion though.

There are also mags like Third Eye and Spirit, which are more broadly about spirituality and psychic arts, but also contain articles about spells and suchlike. I wouldn't advise them if it is religious material you are after.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thank you for the replys. I think I'll give Witchcraft and Wicca a go, as well as perhaps Pagan Dawn.

As it says below my picture I'm a pantheist, but I have an interest in reading about other areas of paganism so anythings good really.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    The articles are rarely mind blowing either. This is just my opinion though.
                    I do hope you're not including my articles in that!

Comment

Sorry Tylluan, your post wasn't there when I wrote mine. I'd have chosen my words more carefully had I known someone liked the mag.

I have only read the first two, so that was a few years back now. I'm sure long before you wrote for it. I someties flick through when I am in the new age store that sells it, but I'll bet it's unlikely I'd have noticed your articles, and it's been about 2 years since I laid hands on one. Sometimes there was some interesting stuff but it just seemed so damned commercial.

I did enjoy the online magazine you wrote for though (and yes, I include your article in that!).

There seems to have been quite a shift from the PF to the CoA around here though. Not sure if this is country wide as I don't (yet) concern myself much with the wider community. Just my old Pagan friends give me a poke and keep me updated (their version anyway). I don't want to get into politics but I bet you have a good idea what I am talking about when I say certain 'high ups' in the PF have been throwing just a little too much weight. People who were valued reps for the PF for 10-20 years, have since left and changed affiliation. So maybe this has brought an older, wiser membership base to CoA and it has evolved into a much more enlightening magazine.

To be honest, I get some of the best enjoyment and inspiration just from reading this forum and chatting with the folks I used to circle or moot with.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I really enjoyed New Witch (NeWitch maybe, I don't remember how they did the title), but I haven't seen it in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                          Sorry Tylluan, your post wasn't there when I wrote mine. I'd have chosen my words more carefully had I known someone liked the mag.

I have only read the first two, so that was a few years back now. I'm sure long before you wrote for it. I someties flick through when I am in the new age store that sells it, but I'll bet it's unlikely I'd have noticed your articles, and it's been about 2 years since I laid hands on one. Sometimes there was some interesting stuff but it just seemed so damned commercial.

I did enjoy the online magazine you wrote for though (and yes, I include your article in that!).

There seems to have been quite a shift from the PF to the CoA around here though. Not sure if this is country wide as I don't (yet) concern myself much with the wider community. Just my old Pagan friends give me a poke and keep me updated (their version anyway). I don't want to get into politics but I bet you have a good idea what I am talking about when I say certain 'high ups' in the PF have been throwing just a little too much weight. People who were valued reps for the PF for 10-20 years, have since left and changed affiliation. So maybe this has brought an older, wiser membership base to CoA and it has evolved into a much more enlightening magazine.

To be honest, I get some of the best enjoyment and inspiration just from reading this forum and chatting with the folks I used to circle or moot with.
                          Don't worry! I just couldn't resist commenting! I think the thing with magazines is that they cater for different audiences at different times (I've also written several articles for the Pagan Fed's Myddle Earth magazine, too!) It's important to look around and see what's out there... I've always liked the Witchcraft and Wicca Magazine (well, for a few years now) and it's true that it is glossy, but that's partly because it's intended to be longlasting and not just thrown away the next month (or so I am told). I do believe there has been a real shift lately towards encouragine new writers too, Phi Hutton, Kevin Groves and Giselle Maggs being just three to look out for. This has to be a good thing. Maybe we could set up an online magazine here on the Pagan Forum - I wonder if that would be possible?

Comment

I think a forum such as this could make a really great online magazine. I certainly think it wouldn't be short of contributors.

Comment

There is such a great mixture of individuals that it couldn't possibly lean too much in one direction either. There are some amazing minds here too. I would definitely read it!

Comment

Working...
                              X