New Year's Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year's Resolutions

So yeah. It's THAT time of year again. You know where you make promises to yourself on what you want to do or not do anymore. It lasts about a month. So you think why even try? Well I'm going to try. I seem to be a bit more motivated this time. Probably because I need to keep my mind focused on other things for now. I'm keeping them to three things. I figure I can keep track of three. And they are probably the same three I made last year. I know. Anyways, I'm putting them here. And I'm going to try to keep up on them and post about my progress weekly. Maybe this will help me keep it up a bit longer. Being public about it. So if you want to share yours, join in! I'll try to update once a week or so with my progress.

1) Lose weight. (surprised?!) I want to lose 35 pounds. And I'm focusing for now on five at a time. I did it last year, so I know how to do it. I lost a good chunk and gained it all back with severe depression. Plan is to plan my meals a bit better. And get in exercise more often.

2) Save money. I'm down to my pennies these last few months due to dental bills and other things. I did get a piggy bank for my birthday. And I throw all my coins in there nightly. It's a start to my regular savings. I'm hoping with the 2nd job (I'm waiting on a phone call for confirmation!) I can start to save a bit now.

3) Get out more(this is the FUN one!) I used to take the bus into LA and the beach areas. I am pretty creative with lots of fun free and relatively cheap things to do on my own. I need to get back to that! I don't want all my time just work and home. Of course I pick the cold time to start doing it. But oh well. Better late than never!

And that's my list! What's yours?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: New Year's Resolutions

1) Eat healthier.
    2) Exercise more.
    3) Minimize screen time.
    4) Develop better posture.
    5) Finish my novel.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Be, think and become sexier. Put some of that ol' black magic back into my hips.

Sex my husband up a little more often - it's easy to let depression take away all my motivation to do that.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Well this year I lost the weight I wanted so this year I want to make my number one:

1. TONE UP!
        2. Get more youtube subscribers
        3. Get into uni.
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

1. Less screen time (outside of work)
          2. Work on becoming more independent in areas like food and energy consumption.
          3. Budgeting more efficiently.
          4. Write more.
          5. Dedicate time each day for playing my instruments.
          Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

1) Exercising 3-4x per week and keeping my carbs even.

2) Get us moved

3) Finish fine-tuning this doll pattern and start actually creating what I have in my head.
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Going to try and NOT watch the news so much,and def not watch election stuff..that will save my sanity.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm going to be making a motivational poster board that will chart my weight loss journey. I found big poster boards at the 99 cents store!
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Lose the 15lbs I gained.

Gut and redo the kitchen.

Learn one new thing a week.

Comment

Maintain high grades.

Get a job with decent hours and pay.

Pay off credit card.

Lose weight might factor in this year or it might next year.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Oh...and I forgot #6

Take burlesque classes, develop a routine and *maybe* be in a (student) show.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

OOO Something else,

Take up belly dancing again.

Comment

I think I'll add learning to hula hoop to my gettin' sexier resolution.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

My big goals for 2012:

-Move.
                            -Lose more weight. (I will not say how much weight, but a lot.)
                            -Find more pagan events to attend (I'm already planning on going to the Midwest Witch's Ball and a retreat in Colorado).
                            -Keep to a daily schedule more consistently.
                            -Start making Let's Plays.
                            Last edited by habbalah; 29 Dec 2011, 09:11.
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I have already done the usual ones: stop smoking, get fit, eat healthier, drink less and lose weight. There are a few things I plan to do though.

My boyfriend and I actually met because he heard me speaking Japanese and so chatted me up in Japanese! It is kind of our romantic and fun secret language, but neither of us really care for accuracy, so have developed bad habits and learned one another's mistakes. He's never been to Japan so once we get settled in our new home, we hope to start saving to stay with one of my friends for a few weeks (she's already invited us and we hope to host her and a few others in return). We really want to speak more accurate Japanese by then, so our joint new year's resolution is to study Japanese grammar and usage together.

As for hopes for the year. Just finding a nice home and having no huge dramas is my wish. I also hope that life continues to be as much fun as it is right now, and I continue to laugh and play as much as I have done in 2011!

Ah and of course, I hope each and every one of you has a fantastic New Year!
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                              X