Conlang Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conlang Thread

I don't know if anyone is into this topic, but I want to know if anyone else has a liking for Conlangs like me. I often create languages for no real reason and have about 15 differant unfinished branches of one of the proto-languages I made. I'm interested to see if anyone else makes conlangs and hear/read them myself.

Re: Conlang Thread

Languages no, but secret codes and alphabets have been an idle hobby of mine since I was a kid...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Conlang Thread

I'm not sure this is the same thing, but in college I was in a relationship with a girl who came to live with me and my mum. It was my first gay relationship and we were extremely close, spending almost 24/7 together (we were even in many of the same classes in college). Without deliberate effort, we created a kind of 'twin language' based loosely around English but with a few of it's own grammar rules. We still remember it now, and my current partner has learned it as well as adding to it himself.

I also have my own runic alphabet based on my imaginary world, Rotokia. I wrote a lot of my uni notes in Rotokian runes and use them in spells. They even seem to work as a method of divination.

Would you be willing to share some examples of yours? I'd be fascinated to see (and sorry, far too shy to share mine ^^).
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
      X